Would You Want Michael Vick?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Might as well start talking about it now. After posting about QB options I really started thinking about the FA market at QB. And love him or hate him, Michael Vick does come to mind. Plus, I really wanted to get everyone's opinion on him being a Titan. Because unlike any other FA QBs, I know we will hear reasons against him that have nothing to do with Football.

As far as my opinion. If I look at Vick with blinders and only see the NFL Veteran QB. Then there is some value there. I would imagine he would be pretty cheap and price goes down the more teams say no to him. Imagine having a Veteran QB with Vicks speed and abilites (plus cannon arm) at the LEAGUE MINIMUM or maybe alittle above. And if he did come here, he would be in a QB battle with Locker, which I can see as helpful to Locker. The downside is we would have TWO Injurry prone QBs because Vick hasnt played 16 games in years. So, if we drafted a QB. You have to ask yourself if Vick is a better option than keeping Fitz.

When I think of his past crimes, here are my thoughts. Having known people who went to jail even for a short time. Jail is truly a punishment. No one can really ever know what its like unless you go or know someone who has been. For this specific crime, I believe he has served his time, and clearly won't ever do it again. He did commit terrible heartless crimes against dogs. But I believe when it comes to helping the Titans, I can forgive a man who has served out his punishment and is sorry for doing it. Do I want him to be a friend to hang out with, no. But I dont mind him at this point playing for the Titans IF he helps us. If he can still play and help the team, then I say give him a chance. Especially if he is REALLY CHEAP!!! Saving money on a QB means better players in other positions.

Now, that is my own opinion. I am ok. That is me. Do I represent a large number of other people in the country, no. Many hate Vick so much that they write letters and stop using products Vick trys to endorse. And many would love to see him banded from football and I am sure even burned at the stake. If you cannot forgive him for his crimes. I totally understand, and that can be your reason.

What do you think? I can see a small market bible belt city in Nashville NOT being able to handle Vick the same way Philly did. So I don't blame anyone who doesnt want him.

2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Mike Vick...
    .05.jpg

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. NewHorizans

You get a High Five for a post I was not expecting. LOL

4. NewHorizans

What is everyone asleep? Its not even midnight. I thought a Vick thread would be full of FUs and burn him posts.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

The only reason I would remotely even consider like Michael Vick as a Titan is because my Madden attack would increase by 1000% effectiveness; Vick, CJ, Wright, and Hunter all day, but since I don't base my opinions about what to do by thinking of Madden I'd say keep him as far away from Tennessee as possible.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

No, for so many reasons. Why bring in another QB with the same concerns as Locker? Did you watch our press conference? New culture was thrown out there numerous times, signing Vick would be a step backward. Bringing in a patch at QB (if you consider him good enough to be a patch) is the last thing this franchise needs. We're drafting a QB this year, it's not a question of if it's when. We don't need Locker, Vick, Wilson, and a rookie. Also, Vick isn't the franchise's answer. Keep him out of the way for the guy that could be, Locker. His major question mark right now is being able to stay healthy, bringing in a guy like Vick isn't going to help in that area. Locker also only has 1 year left on his deal, so he's obviously staying since he's at a cheap price and it's basically his last try. We're not going to randomly throw Vick in there when we're still trying to see if a former top 10 pick is the guy or not.

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I wouldn't mind v ick. do I think hed be good....nah

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I wouldn't mind him as a bridge starter til we can find our franchise guy, but he's not someone you can win a championship with IMO.

9. amy

amy Starter

Well, it's just now that I could access the site. That might account for no one making comments. And I will say NO. He too fragile. We have a fragile boy already. don't need two of them.

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Not if Locker is our only other option. Both of them have a high chance of being injured during the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar