Would you vote to ban hand-held cellphone use while driving?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

The problem is that you're concentrating on something else, meanwhile you only have 1 hand to drive & change gear with. It creates dangerous situations every day.
    A phone call usually lasts several minuts, while you only punch your radio, GPS, whatever for a few seconds.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

What about shaving while driving? I've done that once or twice on the way to the airport.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Check it out..
    Only $12.50 plus free shipping! :eek:

[​IMG]

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

And... they really works!

If you're not happy with the bluetooth ones, most cell phones comes with wired stereo headset these days.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

It's not a law against phone use, but a law to make cellphone users incorporate safer BlueTooth technology.

The reason I posted this poll was because a "friend" of mine in Florida, who recklessly uses hand held cellphones/texting caused a head on collision yesterday. After a bit of prying he did confess that he was texting at the time. Fortunately the only damage was to the vehicles involved, although IMO he deserved at least a good bump on the head.

I get the jazz about government involvement, but in this isn't simply a case of an action that only hurts the indulging party - just like drunk driving it endangers others. You only need spend an hour driving in Cool Springs to see how out of control this problem is -especially amongst the young'ns (texting) and the gals who just can't seem do drive at all without endlessly blathering into a cellphone.

I have built-in Bluetooth nav etc. and there really is no comparison...

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Well since I do it all the time...I have to vote no...

maybe for Adults under the age of 18, but Over that I wouldn't be in favor of it.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Well, if it's gonna inconvenience people.. of course no...

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

My number one pet peeve is jack arses on cell phones ... I will admit though I have done it from time to time. :hmm:

The texting is outrageous.

I have seen people reading a novel while driving. I just do not get it. Take mass transit if you need to read and travel at the same time. Especially in the SF Bay area and BART.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i went with yes.

i restrict myself not to do it anyway, so it wouldn't effect me. if i do use my phone while driving, it's no more than 5 sentences when someone calls me.

10. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I talk while driving occasionally. It does annoy me to see people doing it, but that's a little hypocritical. I can't decide if I'd be for the law, or against it. As for texting, that's just insane, but I know PLENTY of people that do it regularly. I have an iPhone so it's basically impossible for me to even try.

It may just be me but I see cops driving around on their phones far too often. Protecting and serving I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar