Would you vote to ban hand-held cellphone use while driving?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I see California is outlawing hand-held cellphone use (conversations and texting) for those who are behind the wheel..
    Would you support this law?

2. ANY cellphone use is distracting. It doesn't matter if the phone is in your hand or not (though texting while driving is moronic), it's still a distraction from the road

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

NY state has this law. Bluetooth or ticket!

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

In Denmark it is already illegal and has been for years. Besides a ticket, it costs you a clip in your drivers license. 3 clips in 3 years and you have to take a new driving test.
    Crossing a red light, excessive speeding (30% over the limit), ignoring stop signs, reckless driving etc. all costs you a cut.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

^ Same with Australia in regards to it being illegal for years. We don't quite have that strict punishment though.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I vote "yes" including eating while driving, applying makeup, digging under the seat for chit, reading the newspaper (yes, I've seen it) and having pets on your lap.

:tj:

I know a guy who totaled his car because his ferret jumped on him while driving. Why he was driving around with a ferret in the first place is unknown.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I would vote absolutely not. A GPS can be just as distracting, so can a satellite radio, a 6 disc changer, an iPod, two kids in the backseat, your wife b*tching at you in the passenger seat. Now if the AD Council wants to do a campaign on how dangerous it is to talk on the phone and drive, I'd help fund that, but we don't need a law.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I agree. This is more special interest group BS. Some person's mom or dad got nailed by some a-hole driving with a cell phone. So said person is motivated to start a lobby group and hey... the next thing you know talking on cell phones while driving is illegal.

How about soccer mommy trying to control her three kids in the back seat of the mini-van while driving in the fast lane? I personally don't know of anyone who's been in an accident dueto cell phone use, but I know a few people who've been in accidents caused by spilled drinks or fast food. All those people who drive erratically and bug the crap out of us while talking on the phone, would no doubt be driving erratically and bugging the crap out of us for some other reason if cell phone use in cars was made illegal.

The government should stick to mismanaging the things that they already have on their plate instead of looking for new things to screw up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

it is a law that would never be enforced. People who use those Bluetooth look like freakin robots!!!!!!

While we are at it do away with the HOV lanes. A cop pulling someone over for that will cause more problems than people driving in that lane.

10. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

I would vote Yes. I don't know how many times I have been cut off by another driver, only to see them on a cell phone. It's almost as if they don't think they can turn their heads while on one. A distraction is a distraction, some things can't be helped; like children, yet we should try to limit them. I do believe this is why German engineers couldn't understand why Americans would want cup holders in their vehicles. Granted we don't have the autobahn but it does take away from the drivers concentration that would otherwise be better used on the road. Just my two cents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar