Would You Trade...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clint8, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

Just wanted to get people's feel for this idea. Would you be willing to trade Derrick Morgan for Jared Odrick with the Dolphins or Tyson Alualu with the Jaguars? Alualu is a step down IMO and Jags are division rivals, so not likely but mostly looking at Odrick. Wake is getting older (already in his 30's) and Odrick doesn't fit their scheme as well. They may not be willing to with them losing Soliai and Starks in FA (potentially). Just getting a feel for what people think.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't know how we could get by without some one almost getting sacks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Tyson Alualu is terrible. Morgan is at least "almost" a good player.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

No I wouldn't trade Morgan for any of those guys. Add to the fact that this isn't the NBA, so a player for player trade is pretty rare.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ha, so you admit it. Morgan ain't bad at all

6. Fry

6 sacks in a 16-game season sucks. If he would turn some pressures into sacks I wouldn't say he sucks, but he doesn't so he sucks.

To anyone who says pressures are just as good as sacks, shut up, no they aren't. Sacks end the play. Pressure can disrupt the play if the QB is in a bad spot. Do you know how crippling it is to a drive when a sack occurs? I'd venture a guess that if you looked at all of the drives throughout the course of a season that when a sack occurs the drive results in zero or three points.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It really depends...

If Morgan creates pressure on the corner, the quarterback step up, and Casey gets a sack... that's a great play and should be treated as such.

If Morgan creates pressure on the corner, and Verner gets a pick? Great play.

If Morgan creates pressure and Luck throws 25 yards to TY Hilton? Eh...

8. Fry

If Derrick Morgan tackles the QB before the ball is thrown he doesn't need to depend on other players to make a play in order for him to be successful.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Morgan is not a superstar, but if you say he sucks I no longer value your opinion on anything related to football.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It is ridiculous that some people have only two rankings of players: bust/sucks or superstar. As if there is no in between.

• High Five High Five x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar