Would you trade VY for Mario?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 13, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    60.5%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    39.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Talk is cheap, an unplayable QB taking up almost 10% of your cap isn't.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Under the current situations there is no way I would trade Pro Bowl Mario for crybaby bench warmer VY.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. halt

halt Starter

Personally, I think a good swap for VY would be three new footballs, and a tackling dummy, but, I'm not Bud Adams, and I don't have his motivation, whatever that is.

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I still think VY will live up to his draft pick. Seems like I am in a minority these days...

I believe that his being able to learn the game without the intense pressure of the last 2 years will be very good for his development.

It is tempting to trade him for Mario (who is turning into a force when not trying to get past Roos); however, at this time I would have to say we should hang on to VY based upon perceived future production.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yes. I think Bud forced Fisher to play Young. And what Young did was single-handedly win a few games with his legs which may have saved Fisher's job.

Some believe when Bud told Fisher he wanted Young on the field, he gave Fisher a mulligan on the outcome. But if the Titans had gone 4-12, I wonder if Fisher would have survived.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

For the record, I think Young will eventually be the Titans QB again and be successful. When he was a rookie, I said he had no business being on the field, I stand by that regardless of how he won games with his leg.

7. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Vince will come back as a great qb and I think one of his problems might have been the hype and level he was expected to play at. When he gets his chance, not if, he will play much better I think because he will be striving for the starting role.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Simms might be the most valuable future player the Titans have on the roster. I think it's awesome that they have acquired a guy like that who will foster a truly competitive environment after the season is over and into camps. I think Young needs a very real threat of not starting if Collins is dealt, rather, when Collins takes a free agent contract. I'd like to retain him because he seems to know how to win here and while I would love something a little more spectacular coming from the qb position I am perfectly fine with simply not losing. Young I fear just has a decision making problem when under center. I really want to hope he can shake it off and correct his career path should he win a starting role. I just have a hard time building that up because so much of what the early detractors said has come to fruition. Vince has bust written all over him in 12 pt. font. I still shudder when I think about emotional tirades and threats of self harm. Plenty of regular people get bent out of shape. Most all of us get upset but I don't want my quarterback to be that screwy. I'd be fine with a wr having a few screws up in his head loose but it's too much when it's Vince Young's head in a noose. ...and I don't know why it's cool for Tom Green to hump a dead moose.

9. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

"This guy" is a proven leader and a smart TEAM player who's very cool under pressure. VY would not be able to remotely handle the pressure of playing in NY much less winning a SB and going 11-2 [so far] in a defense of a title.

In a recent article, VY proclaims his "I am very talented, and everybody knows what kind of athlete I am. Now I just need to get smarter with the game and get ready to use my God-given talent."

ego much?

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

On Titans All Access they said they want Collins back next year.

Football is about Winning, we are going to stick with Collins as long as we keep winning. No team is going to get rid of a QB that leads them to a Playoff Bye to start a QB that went crazy in the 1st game of the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar