Would you trade Ringer?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JMB54, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

PFT has an article about the Lions possibly looking to trade for a running back. Would they be interested in Ringer and would the Titans let him go. Just looking for thoughts.

2. pettso

pettso Starter

I would trade him, yes. For a 6th, conditionally becoming a 5th if he gets more than 100 carries this season.

I don't think the Lions would be interested in him though.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

No point really, won't get anything in return. I'd do it if we could get a 5th.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Might as well.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Change thread title to,

Would you trade Kenny?

6. pettso

pettso Starter

I would trade Britt today for a 1st round pick. Other than that, I think it's worthwhile to try to work with him.

Doubt we'd get anything higher than a 3rd for Britt though.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'd trade CJ for a 3rd.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Seriously, the more I think about it, I'd rather go in this season with Ringer, Harper and Reynaud as our 3 RBs, get rid of CJ and his ridiculous contract for just about anything, but I'd take a 3rd or 4th. If the three of those guys can't surpass what CJ did last year, we could look for another RB in the draft and let Ringer and Reynaud go.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The Lions are probably thinking MJD which would be scary.

They need to cut Jahvid Best. He's basically like Dave Ball already.

10. BCTitans

BCTitans Starter

The question "Would you trade Ringer?" is really kind of open ended.

Well, what are getting in return?

If we're getting a 1st round pick in compensation? Yes, I think it'd be worth it, but I think what some fans aren't seeing is that Ringer is a pretty solid, not very well known backup running back.

We'll probably have situations that we have to use him. So, say we use him and he ends up showing out and putting up some numbers...we might have some bargaining chips, but as of right now...what we would get back in compensation for Ringer is not even close to being as valuable as he is to this team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar