Would You Trade Pick #10 For Minnesota Two Picks #23 & #25?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by mike75, Apr 8, 2013.

?
  1. Yes i would do trade 10 for 23 and 25

20 vote(s)
    87.0%
  2. No i would not do the trade

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I win, you lose. :funnynot:

I love this trade idea, but I don't see it happening.

3. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

It would actually have to be use to give up more for those two picks. Almost every GM goes with a Draft pick value chart. Our pick is worth 1300 pts and 23 and 25 are worth 760 and 720. Which means we need to give them 180 pts. If they are desperate maybe call it even, but doubt they would be. Plenty of teams would do this trade. Would have to throw in a 5th mabye. But i still would do it in a heartbeat. 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. My mock draft with this trade
    1. Desmond Trufant- CB
    1. Tank Carradine- DE
    2. Larry Warrford- OG
    3. Woods/Williams- WR
    3. Barcarri Rambo- S

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I'm actually hoping something like this happens. We could do something like:

23. Richardson
    25. Cooper
    40. De'Andre Hopkins
    3rd. Swearinger
    3rd. Mathieu

PS - You heard it here first. One of the guards will be there in the early/mid 20's.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Glad someone knows how to use the value chart. My goodnes people, just pull the chart up and do the math. First of all there is no way I see Minny doing that deal but if they offered it the Titans would be stupid not to jump all over it.

The Titans, assuming they really do go BPA would be able to get almost the same quality of guys at 23 and 25 they could get at 10. I'd even consider using one of those picks on Margus Hunt. So we go CB, WR or OG and then take Hunt and still have our early second to take a CB, OG or WR depending on who we took and who is available.

So think more like Trufant, Hunt and then WR.
    By the way Wood is not making it to the 3rd round. He should be on our short list for 2nd round WRs.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well, I WOULD NOT make that deal. Here's the problem...

While the 32 players taken are considered first rounders because of WHERE they were drafted, most teams usually only find about 20 players with a first round grade on their draft boards and even within those 20 picks there are echelons of quality. Usually there are maybe 5 or so blue chippers and some others considered top 10 talents. others will fall into top 15 or top 20 but after that, you usually are talking about 2nd round talent. And yes, sometimes there are 25 first round graded players and sometimes less then 20. Dropping out of the top 10 to a quality of 2 2nd round quality picks doesn't make much sense.

It's possible an elite talent will fall to the Vikings but you wouldnt know that til they were on the clock. You know FOR SURE there will be a top 10 talent on the board at pick #10.

Try to right out your favorite 22 players in the draft and see who's left at pick 23 and 25 (without you 'saving' anyone). I think you will see the difference.

To put it in clearer terms, the Titans will have a shot at either (or multiple choices of these) the top 2 DE's, top CB, top S, 2nd or 3rd best OT, top 2 OG's, top WR's, top TE, top MLB, etc. At pick 23, you're HOPING an elite players falls because you're left trying to match the best value left with a need. And more likely, the vikings will try to trade out of one of those picks to a team trying to jump back into the first round for a QB. If we wanted a lot of picks, it would be a good idea. But Munch and co. better win this year or they are out the door. I don't see them stock piling picks nor taking upside prospects who can't help this year. I think at best they drop a few spots IF one of the OT's or Milliner or Ansah is there and they are willing to drop a few spots to still get one of the players they want and get a quality mid rnd pick to do it.

Gut

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:clap:

Well said.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well I think the biggest problem with that, is that most people here don't see any real *elite* talent.

Normally, I would agree however.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So let's Play a game. Suppose we make the trade with minny...our pick at 10 for their picks at 23 and 25 and the players listed below are taken. Who do you take and do you still feel you'd rather make the trade or not?

Players taken before pick 23 not in order...
    De ansah
    De d. Jordan
    De carradine
    Dt star
    Dt Floyd
    Dt Richardson
    Olb jjones
    MLB teo
    MLB olgetree
    Cb milliner
    Cb Rhodes
    Cb trufant
    S vaccaro
    Ot joeckl
    Ot fisher
    Ot ljohnson
    Ot fluker
    Og warmack
    Og cooper
    Wr Patterson
    Wr Austin
    Wr kallen

So who is the 'equal talent' left at 23 and 25 and who would you take and would you still make this deal? Remember, the team needs to win NOW.

Gut

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Bjoern Werner
    Arthur Brown
    Damontre Moore
    Johnathan Hankins
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Eric Reid
    Datone Jones
    Jesse Williams

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar