Would you ride out the $23 mil for '06?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 10, 2006.

?
  1. Release McNair

26 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. Keep McNair for '06

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

At one time, Reese said he could manage McNair's numbers, I don't think that is the case any more. It would mean cutting Sirmon and possibly others to keep him.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

BTW If i were playing Floyd Reese, I'd be too busy combing that hair to worry about McNair's situation.

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

:lol2: yeah his hair definitely doesn't move

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It is one happenin' Do.

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Yeah, everyone keeps bring up that Floyd said they could live with Steve's number, but that was before we signed Thornton, Givens, Hope and Mawae.

And I really think that given that they added two huge offensive playmakers for Mac, the fact that he still doesnt want to redo his deal and stick around is a huge indication that Bus Cook alrealdy has a number from Ozzie Newsome.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why goto Baltimore, McNair plays like a pansy when in Baltimore.

7. titanduck77

titanduck77 Camp Fodder

ok mcnair is a great player and all and i have loved him ever since he got drafted but i really think you will get some good free agents and have money to sign vince young or matt leinart which is good and the rest of the draft picks. so in conclusion, release mcnair and sign a fa or 2 and sign the draft picks!!

8. H Man

H Man Guest

Sadly, this smells a whole lot like Eddie George a couple of years ago, and Randall Godfrey a few years before that. I don't remember this organization doing bidness this way before they brought Jeff Diamond on board. I know he's gone now, but the same pattern evolved in Minn when he was there. I digress...

My hunch is that Floyd will probably wrangle with Bus Cook (what's he trying to do his best Drew Rosenhaus imitation??), then present a take it or leave it low ball to McNair...draft the new QB, and play Volek.

Incidentally, in my perfect world...:)...I wouldn't mind retaining Mac for 1, maybe 2 years, let the youngster get up to speed...then McNair follow the rich QB lineage of so many other good QBs, and ride out of town in his twilight, maybe landing with another team to finish up his career.:winker:

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Sirmon already tried to cut himself.

I would have barred him from the facility when he faxed his whinny statement stating he wanted to quite cause the Titans signed an OLB.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

That was also before the new NFLPA contract added what 10m to the CAP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar