Would you re-sign Mason if he was available?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by psychotictitan, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Read the first paragraph, then the second sentence. "He's great, he's awesome, he's a vet with gas left in the tank, I dont want him..."

Makes no sense to me. The first paragraph pretty much summed up the fact of the matter, which means I'd sign the guy REGARDLESS OF ANYTHING

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I gave the noob some rep to make him feel good.

Mason has averaged 1000 yards a season for 9 years. Great player!

He hardly played for his first 3 years and still has a shot at finishing in the top 10 all time in receptions.

What do we call a player who is in the top 20 in both receptions and receiving yards? Near hall of famer? Mason has a chance to do that. He is neck and neck with hines ward slightly behind him in catches and slightly ahead of him in yards.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'm no noob homie, I assume you're talking to me since you gave me some rep. I may not have been posting on this board as long as you but I've definitely been a Titan fan since day one

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I didn't mean you bro..

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If it is about winning, how can anyone not want Mason? He's still better than any WR the Titans have on the roster.

I'm not into what appears to be disrespect of the Titans but Mase is an intense guy. It motivates him and makes him a better player. I have no doubt that he'd bring that intensity back with him too.

6. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Mase could be a very versatile player in this offense now that we have added Washington. You could put him on the outside or he could work from the slot,one thing i always like about Mase is he wasnt afraid to go across the middle. IMO Hines Ward and Mason are almost identical in terms of there style of play. Both are physical guys who have the ability to make big plays,durable,strong leaders for their teams and both bring an attitude to the game that you need in order to be successful in this league. Ward just has a better rep as far as being a better blocker then Mase and of course has a few SB rings to his resume but if you look at their stats,its pretty close. Bottom line,they are both winners,team first guys and you couldnt really go wrong with either one of them..

Ward
    800 recept.
    9780 yards rec
    72td's
    12.2avg
    Mason
    790 recept.
    10061 yards rec
    52td's
    12.7 avg

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

and while we're at it, lets sign Pacman too. :sarcasm:

8. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

when i said he isnt what he was i was talking about his speed burst has gone down a bit and the injuries he has had. he still catches the bacll like a crazy man and is still fast but not as fast. i know he has been very productive up at baltimore and i would welcome him here with open arms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar