Would you rather have Reese going into the draft ?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I like the idea of more input from the Coaching staff
    but if the offseason to this point is any indication of input from staff I'd say I have more questions than answers

with Floyd , you'd at least have yourself thinking you had some idea of which way he was heading - whether you were right or not

2. i dont kno because reese has had more misses than hits IMO

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the thing i hated about floyd was the way he would pick the same position in bunches hoping to hit one guy. we wasted three picks on DEs and quiet a few on WRs and CBs throughout the years doing that.

i'll have to see what MR's strategy is before i say which i would rather have though.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

No, I want to see if change is good....if that change actually makes a lot of difference in who we pick.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Sometimes, when I look at him, I feel like we just hired Paul Tagliabue.

Ya know?

Hopefully this move turns out to be what we need...it'll need to for me to shake the PT association.

6. Reese had his draft ups and downs. Reinfeldt? We'll have to wait and see...

7. Nine

Nine Starter

Personally, I'd have preferred to see Floyd kept around for at least one more year.

He obviously went through a really bad stretch from 2002-2004, going three years with very little to show for it.

However, I really feel like he had turned the corner, and put together a couple of very solid drafts in '05 and '06....even second-day picks like Scaife, Stewart, Hill, and Finnegan have made significant contributions.

It seems to me that Floyd was let go just when he was getting it figured out. The Titans are a team on their way back from abyss, due in large part to players drafted in the past two years....and Floyd played a big role in bringing those players in.

I'm not necessarily saying it was wrong....just a bit premature. I'd have given him at least another year.

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I honestly think Resse drafted well over the years since I have been watching the Oilers/Titans, therefore yes, I wish he was here at this point. The only reason he fell off is b/c of the cap purge and the need for us to get players in NOW to contribute. Late round picks are hit and miss, high draft picks are supposed to contribute right fast (1-3 yr range), in that respect he always seemed to pick well, which I guess is the easy part. IMO Reindfelt doesn't have a clue. He's not had this position of power, so he is deferring to others opinons and suggestions. While this may seem like an admirable trait, I'd rather someone who knew what they were doing. Like I said, the later round picks are where you make your money (little payout, for hopefully a big time performer) And you really have to know what your're doing to pick late rounds well.

9. these last two drafts reese did a good job in the late rounds

10. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

With Floyd we'd draft ANY of the WRs and they'd all fail, so not really.

I haven't read any rumours about the Titans draft so we're keeping our cards close to our chest. I'd prefer to draft a DE/CB in the first round (CB doesn't have the depth of WR) and trade up in the 2nd to take a WR like Sidney Rice or Gonzalez (if he makes it to the 2nd round).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar