Would you promote Henry?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

What are you trying to say?;)
    Would you go as far as to say that the Titans might try to pick one with their 1st round?

2. Actually no....what I am saying is that we will prolly take an OL in the first round and then take another RB in the second or third.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Henry looked good, several carries for 7 or 8 yards on first down... for some reason they shut us down in the second half in terms of running game. We weren't running much for the last quarter and a half. I saw better running from Henry today that we've seen from Brown in two years.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Henrys last three carries -5, -4, -1

OUCH!

the -5 and -4 came on a 1st and 10 from the Titan 20 resulting in a 3rd and 19 from the 11 - OUCH!

5. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Whoa, 21 carries for 60 yards, this guy is great.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Travis Henry is the starting RB for the Tennessee Titans.
    In my view it is his job to lose.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Funny but if Brown had been hit in the backfield and denied that short yardage 1st down everyone would be calling him a wimp that doesn't run hard (Henry ran for 9 yards and then couldn't convert the 3rd and 1 on the first Titan drive). Well it happened to Henry numerous times where the OL didn't block and he was swarmed under (9 carries of 1 or less yards out of 21). I think Brown and Henry are both good backs with different styles but neither will put consistent numbers up with our OL and running scheme. Also, either LW is no better than Ganther or the OL and scheme stink for him as well. Figure it out.

Here are the yardage numbers for Henry on his carries:
    9,0,1,5,3,1,0,3,1,11,8,1,9,5,3,5,4,-5,-4,-1

I do think someone with Henry's style is better suited for this OL because he is more of a power runner but in the end the results are no better. Atleast with brown there is a slim chance he might take off for a big run. Heck the power running Henry was getting negative yardage against the Dolphins.
    (PS, Chow is worthless).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar