Would You Give it back?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Apr 23, 2007.

?
  1. Yes.

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. No.

25 vote(s)
    69.4%
  3. Yes, but not to draft Calvin Johnson.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, we should trade up this season for him.

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

No kidding, good point, BP. Last season's run was special because it was something we hadn't seen in two seasons- hope. We had a legit shot at the playoffs, and can honestly say that our team was working together to the best of their ability, and man, was it exciting! I wouldn't trade that for any one player. That run, and the engery that Vince has brought, are the only reasons I'm having any optimism this offseason. It doesn't matter how many high draft picks you have if you can't get the team to get some wins. Last season was a breath of fresh air because we were in it, even if we were on the edge and missed the playoffs. I wouldn't trade that.

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

The only player that would be worth it is already on our roster and was the main key to our turnaround ;)

3. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

I would say yes

if the situation guaranteed a ring, say within 2 years. Otherwise, No!

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You are right he was a big pickup :clown:

CJ and we do not get to do this to the Texans?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKURxvgBU5g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKURxvgBU5g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I think I'll take last season, thanks.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You can't EVER guarantee a ring.

I knew someone would make the hope joke.

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

lol. Not tryna be an arse but we got the draft commin up in 4 days and were talkin about Genie's.

To answer the question... theres absolutly no way I would ever trade away what our team did last season.

I dont care if Calvin Johnson or heck even Chad Johnson would be the prize either.

Winning > Losing

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

No, cuz doing that would mean taking away VY's ROY award, it would mean taking away my interest for the team by week 10, it would mean not being in the playoff race until the end. No thanks

8. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

No freaking way... I cannot believe this is even a question. NO ONE is worth everything. No one.. Ask coach Ditka about that, he'll tell you in a heart beat that it was a stupid move to throw a draft for one guy.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You're usually only going to get maybe 1-2 players that are really worth something in the draft anyway, so trading it all isn't a big deal. Once beyond the 2nd round the talent is gone. So why not take a chance getting 1 great player that'll make a big difference rather than 10 players that never will?

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i ment, herny, most likely wouldnt have had such a great season because with kerry collins in teams wouldnt be afraid to focus on stopping the run since kerry cant throw..bennett and wade we would probably loose, but i still like our core with Johnson, Jones, Williams...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar