Would You Give it back?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Apr 23, 2007.

?
  1. Yes.

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. No.

25 vote(s)
    69.4%
  3. Yes, but not to draft Calvin Johnson.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, we should trade up this season for him.

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Lets say a magical genie comes up to you and gives you the option of trading back everything Vince Young accomplished last year, and instead let him play the bench, so this means he never won 6 games in a row, never went to the probowl and was never on the cover of madden, Kerry Collins was the starter and our team was 3-13 with him in, kk lets say we are coming off a 3-13 season today, and fisher announces over the offseason that Vince Young is ready and will start next season, but we are drafting at the 2 spot, putting us in a great position to get Calvin Johnson, would any of you guys trade everything the team accomplished last season to get calvin johnson??

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Trade up, no doubt

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

No way. There is never any situation where its better to lose than to win.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

I said yes, becuase if you take away Vince from the equation last season, we have a horrible offense, our defense is still horrible, but more importantly, players like Travis Henry, Drew Bennett, and Bobby Wade, would defintatly not have as good a season as they did. Meaning less teams will offer them so much money, giving us a better chance to at least keep Henry, and maybe a reciever, also they all 3 might want to stay 1 more year to see if Vince can win. now picture this,

QB- Vince Young
    RB- Travis Henry
    WR- Calvin Johnson
    WR- Brandon Jones
    WR- Roydell Williams
    TE- Ben Troupe

then we could focus the rest of the draft on defense, what do you guys think?

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'd give this thread back for sure. It's draft week. Let's stick to what is real.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i dont remember curiousity to be a crime??

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

:truedat:

Now, had that happened I would be excited right now about the possibility of getting Calvin Johnson, but there's no way I'd trade the excitement of the second half of last season for the anticipation of getting Johnson. Now, if everything last season includes the NBA All-Star Weekend/aftermath, we might have a deal :yes:

8. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

No , because the development of a young qb will go a long way. We saw Vince mature over the season and I think it gives him a huge head start heading into this season. He had one marquee receiver in his career at UT and did just fine without him. I will take a more experienced and developed VY over a high draft pick anyday.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

sure, I'd do it. Why not? 8 wins isn't a great thing, and the only reason we think it's acceptable is because of how horrible we were the seasons prior.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i agree, and its not like we made the playoffs anyways, and Vince would still be a great qb, we might start 0-2, but we might finish 11-5 by the end of the season...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar