Would you give back Henry & Johnson for 43 & 45?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You're proving a good point... Nobody gets them all right.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Guess who made those picks;)

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Actually, I think his point was a good one. It doesn't really matter what QB you draft in round 2, they aren't going to supplant Tom Brady. Draft a QB high in round 2 for the Browns, and he SHOULD be competing for the starter job on Day 1!!!

The same can be applied to these situations. The Pats have a beetter more established roster so it's gonna be hard to crack the starting lineup except for a few positions which they are looking to improve.

We knew Henry wasn't gonna start because we did have (we were hoping) and established vet there. So Henry not getting more playing time isn't an indictment on him and most of us wish he was used a bit more in certain situations!

But we had a journeyman playing NT and brought in a high 2nd round pick (who we chose over some potentially higher ranked DT's) we must have really liked...but he was never in the mix to start early on, so that was disappointing. I expect more from a 2nd round pick competing with a journeyman.

Dodd didn't exactly like the world on fire and some of us think he's not a very good fit on this defense and as such, too rich for a 2nd round pick. He didn't exactly inspire enough to get a lot of backup snaps!

Will these guys get their chances? Of course! But the FACT that we signed Sly Williams does NOT inspire confidence that Johnson is in the mix to start at NT. We have no idea about Dodd and can only hope for more from Henry!

These guys (Dodd and Johnson) better step it up in a hurry!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Thanks, exactly what I meant.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Good point. I'll just give Robinson credit for the good picks, and blame the rest of the NE FO for the bad ones.

That makes more sense. Typically, if a second rounder or later starts in his rookie year, the others in that position are really bad, and rarely are these rookies actually good. Maybe in spurts, but it's unlikely they are actually improving the team in a meaningful way. Since that is the case, I don't mind bringing them along more slowly.

Sims and Sharpe started , but it's not like we should be criticizing other teams for their 5th round picks, because they were hardly starting caliber players in year 1.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I'd give back Johnson but not Henry. Johnson doesn't seem good enough to warrant a 2nd round pick, he seems like JAG - just another guy.

In fact, I'd give up Johnson and Dodd for 1, 2nd round pick this year. Don't @ me.

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

It's early and they are voluntary workouts but I hope things don't get strained between Titans and Henry

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rkey-henry-havent-talked-since-workouts-began

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

This is the type of situation, when he comes in, he's almost guaranteed a nagging injury(hamstring, groin,calf) that will put him on the shelf and then of course we overwork DeMarco coming of the Plantar Plate injury.

Not good at all, we need Henry to take a huge 2nd year jump, and I foresee bad things already.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar