Would you fire Jim Schwartz?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Sep 13, 2006.

?
  1. Yes, He'd be gone.

68 vote(s)
    78.2%
  2. No, I'd give him more time.

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That would be funny. And I fully agree with you that a huge part of the problem, particularly last season, was Thompson getting toasted.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Perhaps, but it is the stat quoters that kick him in the teeth right now. People are really hung up on this 32nd ranking. This means we allowed more yards than any other team on average. While that same defense didn't exactly dominate any other statistical category, they weren't dead last in most of them either, and were in the top fifteen on turnovers, and middle of the pack on scoring defense. To me, turnovers made this a better defense than what they ranked last season. Likewise, you would think Young was awful last season simply looking at his game stats, that is until you see his fourth quarter stats. I don't think Young was the worst quarterback in the league last season, and I don't think our defense was the worst in the league as well simply because they allowed more yards on average.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Yet MBSGWb kept playing "the Big Dummy", not only giving him snaps - but kept him as starter. Not only kept him as starter but he remained starter thru the end of preseason robbing the young guys of valuable snaps.

I tried to vote to Fire Schwartz out of a cannon into the sun, but I could not find that option.

4. Actually, it's Fisher's call as to who starts. You can blame Lamont's continues playing time on him...

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I wonder to what degree Schwartz supported Lamont, or wanted him replaced. I would think, as the DC of the Titans, he should've been going off on Fisher day in and day out saying, what are you thinking coach, we need a change here. While it may be Fisher's final call, a good DC has to persuade a coach to make the best decision for the defense.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

support?

[​IMG]
    something close to this I believe...:suspect:

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

My biggest problem with Schwartz and Fisher's defense is that for the last 2 weeks we have allowed two offense's passing games to never be forced out of their rythm. We don't bring any extra pressure to knock the QB out of synch and we are lining up 8-10 yards off the WRs. A damn High School team could complete passes with no pressure and WRs running with "Smart Feet". By Smart Feet, I mean that the WR never has to chop his steps or give a false step, he goes directly into his pattern without any interuption. So basically the QB and WR are just going through a live Passing Tree, but not being touched until the ball is in the air, rediculous.

For all of you elementary thinkers out there, this is absurd that an NFL Defense refuses to touch or disrupt WRs and the QB of an opposing team.

Many people have argued that Carson Palmer was simply on fire....CRAP! He never once stepped out of his comfort zone. I don't care what you do, but you get a GotDamn jam on the WRs at the line, and you do something to disrupt Carson's 3 or 5 step drop. But to allow it to happen 33 of 38 times is just laying down and opening your legs as wide apart as humanely possible. Fire them all, I don't care anymore, without attitude and a will to stop someone, we are as good as a bunch of skirts out there.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

who in the world? Jim Schwartz registered 22 names just to vote on this pole?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar