Would you fire Jim Schwartz?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Sep 13, 2006.

?
  1. Yes, He'd be gone.

68 vote(s)
    78.2%
  2. No, I'd give him more time.

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Yes or no poll question. If you were in charge, would you fire Jim Schwartz?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

could be the first ever 100% in favour of yes poll in GoTitans.com history.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

5 years ago

4. Fry

of course someone had to ruin it and say no.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

mistake when he was hired, mistake every day that goes by without him being fired.

I suggest a squad of guys to do the firing.

6. or fisher should just look at the paper or espn and see how people are critizing how bad the defensive schemes are

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He hasn't had a fair chance. He just hasn't had the talent other DC's have had..........Bwhaaahaaaa.....Bwhawaahaaaa.....

Wait a minute- I'm still in a no dung-flinger mode.

[​IMG]

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

If he was canned I'd be hopeful for what the future would bring. Did you guys notice how he had the corners "sitting" on wr's? They didn't cover tight enough IMO. In fairness, it looked like they had to go to some 3-4 alingment when they may not have wanted to because of Smith getting hurt... However I believe with the right philosphy the 3-4 can be very effective against the run and produce sacks. The players just have to read the keys better. Maybe that is the problem. Maybe Jim tries to rely on his bs scheme instead of coaching these guys to think. I really don't know. I do know ineffective D when I see it though.

9. Fry

i did notice that in the redzone our guys were giving up a pretty good cushion. even when they were on the seven yard line, our corners were lined up on the goal line. i was thinking slant all the way, thankfully the jets offense sucks and they had to settle for field goals.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree. It seems to me, the most successful defenses are those that have a basic set that then allows the players to play instinctively. (or in other words, make plays). Some people on this board have described our style of play as "playing afraid". I really think it is Schwartz's tenet he must have the "players in the right spot" and has not emphasized the raw "bringing it" nature of defense. Pac and Reynaldo appeared "Schwartzified" last week. I also think Schwartz killed our last first round CB pick Woolfolk.

Defense is not a chess match. It's friggin' football. I want our boys to bring it to any jack-a-nape stupid enough to bring ball close to them! That's how it used to be in the good old days. If we're going to lose anyway, I want to see some lumber laid down. I don't care if we give up the big play as long as we can make a WR or QB pee himself a couple of times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar