Would you draft him?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gunny, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Akyx4SVSahMxQtfzjeJNnu_sYNAF?slug=jc-committedrolle022510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Interesting read on an obviously intelligent guy

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Definitely. Good character guy who seems loyal and is a good player.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Yes.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

probably not, and it has nothing to do with questions about his commitment. i just don't think he's that good of a football player.

5. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I would have taken a chance on him in the 5th prior to the combine. After seeing his sluggish workout; Id move him lower on the board. The year away from the game obviously contributed to his workout numbers, but hes still worth a late round pick for him to have the opportunity of 'snappin in' during training camp. He's smart and hardworking; two qualities that will serve him very well.

6. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I'd take him, but not any earlier than late 4th round. He's a bright kid who will get positive media attention and be a solid special team player, if nothing else. Best case, he becomes a solid starter and later becomes a successful doctor. All around good guy and I'd be proud to have him as a Titan.

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Can we draft the guy to replace Fisher? If so, I'm all in.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

"Rolle helped the Florida State Seminoles win on the field, and, off the field, he won a Rhodes Scholarship. He has postponed playing in the NFL for a year in order to study at the University of Oxford. In 2008, he earned Associated Press 3rd team All-American honors as well as Football Writers Association America 2nd team All-ACC and CoSIDA Academic All-America. In the 2008 season game versus the University of Miami Hurricanes, Seminoles defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews remarked that Rolle played the best and most complete game he has ever seen a safety play at Florida State University in his 25 years of coaching. Rolle had 4 tackles (2 touchdown saving tackles), 1 tackle for loss, 4 pass breakups, 1 sack, 2 quarterback hurries and 3 critical 3rd down stops."
    In a later round he might be worth a hard look.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I have no idea about his physical or football abilities, but I'd take him with our 3rd for leadership value alone. I don't expect him to still be there then.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Yes. Can't say anything bad about the kid. Rhodes Scholar, future doctor. Gotta root for this kid.

Now will we even consider him before the 5th round, I doubt it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar