Would we want Peyton in the front office?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rcarie, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Being a good student does not automatically make you a good teacher

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

no but being able to share that wealth of knowledge with someone isn't the hardest thing..

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

And I do not see why Brady would not be a better coach than Manning. Since Brady is better than Manning at everything else.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

I doubt he ends up in Tennessee. If he goes FO anywhere it would be in Indy. Does he possess any abilities to do FO stuff?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Blackburn

Blackburn Starter

So, now i'm seeing how detrimental it would be to bring Peyton to the Titans in any way. He clearly isn't respected enough around the league to offer anything to our top notch franchise. Not only is he not classy enough for the job, he's probably not mentally capable to making the jump from HOF QB to GM or any other Front Office position. Plus, he clearly doesn't know anything about NFL talent or how to organize and lead a team or even what it takes to do so.

We should definitely stay the course with the newish people we have in place because we really believe in them this time, just like last time and similar to the time before that.
    :sarcasm:

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

If she and the other owners are serious about winning and aren't just using the franchise as a means to collect revenue sharing checks, then she needs to reverse course with her promotion of the Lorax (who was supposed to find the next CEO and luckily for him, he stumbled upon....HIMSELF).

[​IMG]

Once he officially announces his retirement, she needs to call Peyton personally and offer him the job. Let the Lorax go back into his tree...or retirement. Or retirement in his tree.

[​IMG]

Imagine how much positive buzz she could now bring to the franchise, after all the bad juju this faux coaching search has brought upon the team. It would make Robinson's job (not to mention season ticket sales) much, much easier. Elway stepped into a similar role not long after he retired. I bet Peyton would relish the opportunity.

#66 TitanUpB4UGO, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 3
    • Troll Troll x 1
  7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Underwood did not hire Mularkey. Let's go ahead and get that out of the way.

That was 100% ownership.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the Lorax did not throw himself on that grenade either...

just sayin'

9. kenny

kenny Starter

It was quite some time before Elway stepped into an Executive role. He bought restaurants & car dealerships as well as ran them. He was co-owner and CEO of the Colorado Crush of the Arena League. With the Crush, he was involved in everything from cleats to suites. In that period, Elway says he achieved his "MBA in football." He won an AFL executive of the year award and an Arena Bowl championship before the team folded in 2009.

I am not saying Peyton cannot be the type of guy to step into an Executive role. I am saying that hiring him now to work in such a role is not good business. He needs some time to figure out what he is doing before given the title of President/CEO of a franchise. Bring him in and get him started in the office. Teach him what he needs to know. Them allow him to use his football I.Q. to help form a good team.

No way he should retire and be hired by any team immediately as a CEO or President. Just my opinion.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

He was part of the process, but the REAL problem is his primary task was to hire a NEW CEO/President, not come in and take the job himself. Yet another bogus, non-existent "search."

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar