Would we want Peyton in the front office?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rcarie, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackburn

Blackburn Starter

Good point. But you can't discount all the wins Peyton has on the football field and the respect he gets from other players, coaches and fans. Plus, he would be an immediate boost in PR as well as everything he brings on the football side of things.

Peyton Manning or Jon Robinson...which person gets people more excited?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I would take Robinson because he has actual NFL personnel experience. If I wanted a qb I would take Manning over Robinson.

But....

If we want a real winner

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Blackburn

Blackburn Starter

I think you are missing the fact that having Peyton in our front office wouldn't mean that Jon Robinson is fired or unable to do his job. The article doesn't state it as an either/or situation. Considering Robinson was just hired I hope he does a great job drafting talent for us because Webster wasn't getting the job done. Would adding Peyton to the mix be an addition to our front office? Who knows but I don't see it being a negative.

4. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

If you are into persuading the hammer that peyton would be a good hire for the Titans, I hope you packed a lunch cause you are in for a long long struggle and you will still walk away a failure. The Hammer believes that Titans Fans that also happen to be Vols fans are stupid and believe that Manning is coming to save us yet again. He thinks that we all believe Manning has some magical debt to all those within the state of Tennessee are working in the Titans FO is payment for that debt. He believe that Manning as a Colt, considers the Titans his arch rival and would never go to the Titans due to that. (Don't bring up Manning's record against the Titans and it not actually being a rivalry, it's been tried) He also believe that just because Manning owns a Papa Johns, that is the only thing we consider when deciding if he has a seemingly good business since. He will wow you with other players that we should wait on instead of Manning, such as Tom Brady, Tiger Woods, David Beckham, Pete Rose and Miley Cyrus.

Does that about cover everything Hammer?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Blackburn

Blackburn Starter

Thanks for the Hammer personality update. I had a feeling being rational wasn't at the top of the discussion.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

All in all he is a pretty good dude though.

7. The Hammer

You forgot Eddie George, the guy who actually cares about the team

8. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Manning for QB coach. No question he is one of the smartest guys to ever play that position and he has seen so much over his time. Eventually he could develop into an OC.

I think this way we piss off @Scarecrow more, because if he is owner he doesn't have to be there, but if we put him on the staff @Scarecrow will have to stare at that forehead 3 hours every Sunday.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. The Hammer

Great players rarely make great coaches. How many other HoF QBs have been good QB coaches.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

doesn't mean Manning couldn't do it

he's as much a student of the game as anyone playing

Tom Brady seems like a guy that would struggle coaching, not Peyton tho..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar