Would the Titans dare try a 2 QB system?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you're crazy. first you think LenDale is a turd that fell out of KFC's butt and now you don't see two defensive power houses with low octane offenses playing tight?
    How about the opponent? Honestly.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

:ha:

Titans will win this game by double digits..and this "powerhouse ravens defense" won't show up..

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think experimenting is a waste of time. Although I have to admit the qb's are pretty much equal statistically. And Collins appears to be running the same plays making them interchangeable. But there's no point to me. If they wanted Vince to learn in the game, they would put him back into the fire full time. I think the coaches want him on the sidelines and will pretend he is learning something there.

Collins is the man now. That's the end all be all. I don't see Vince getting in because there is nothing to gain from a team standpoint, or from Vince's standpoint.

Vince will pretty much be on his own to remain sharp. Collins is getting all the attention now, all the reps, and all the throws. And I think that is important to maintain Collins current level. Vince on the otherhand will likely have a hard time coming into the game now. He'll need a least a couple of quaters to get back any kind of rythm, and it won't happen during the season in my opinion, because he's not going to get them in practice, and he's not going to get them in games. It will be a long road back. As Patrick Shwazey said in Road House, it's going to get uglier before it gets better. I fully expect a couple of bad games for VY whenever he does see action, just like Collins had, and if you think he was hammered before by the people here, it's going to be even worse when he first comes back. And if the Titans are not aware of that, and listen to the media, Vince's career here will be over before he even begins to work his way back. It could be a dagger.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

We'll be lucky if we win the game. This is going to be tougher than most here think.

Don't sell Baltimore short.

5. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

Baltimore has a great W-L record at home. Too bad it isn't better on the road.

This is going to be a tough game. Tennessee is looking to go 5-0 and the Ravens are looking to stay near the top of their division with a rookie QB coming home after a learning experience in front of a national audience.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Our Defense is nastier, our Offense has more veteran leadership. I'm being modest when I say I'm the prediction king ;)

27-13 Titans

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

That Gunny kid looks like he means business in this pic^^^^

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

*sigh* if only I had my own lightsaber...

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

this isn't Florida. I don't see Kerry Collins as a Chris Leak, or Vince Young as a Tim Tebow.

Collins will get the job done because, well, thats his job.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Not the time to even think about experimenting. You do that when you're not contending. We're winning. Ride what works until it fails.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar