Would Lendale Make a good fullback?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Anthony4Titans, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

true but see below.

I don't doo fantasy football

I was right here cheering him on, of course EG was one of the biggest and fittest RBs in the NFL. CJ might be one of the fittest, his ankles are prone to spraining in the POs best I can remember, but he is far from one of the biggest. Splitting carries - too a degree - would keep him fresher and allow for more touches in the passing game.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Seeing that such a brilliant football mind like Jeff Fisher essentially gave up on Lendale White this season, I wouldn't even let LDW on another NFL roster, muchless create a position for him. If this guy can't get touches on a Jeff Fisher smashmouth run the ball up the gut every play football team, then he has no chance of making it in the big times.

He will forever be known as the guy that got 15 touchdowns in a season because Chris Johnson got the team close to the goal line 15 times and LDW ran it in and got the TD stat because of our awesome O Line.

Lendale White is not a winner. Anyone who spits in the face of Donnie Nickey shouldn't have a spot on this roster. He can't even win a hotdog eating contest. LDW cost Jeff Fisher a Superbowl in 2008.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

To be a good fullback in this league a player has to be willing to give up his body so somebody else can get the yardage and the glory. Is that LW?

It is a job that requires total sacrifice and the willingness to slam your face into very large very powerful mean spirited men. LW?

When a FB finishes his NFL career he is usually an inch or two shorter than when he came into the league.

Sam gash had 19 surgeries from injuries suffered blocking for others. Many FBs end up with neck or back injuries and that is what retired Moose Johnston and Mack strong.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Please, a tired CJ is better than a fresh LW and CJ was basically maxed out in the passing game this year with 50 catches.

While CJ imnproved his ypc by .7 over last year LW only averaged 3.5 ypc vs 3.9 last year.

What logical reason is there to sideline a guy averaging 5.6 ypc to give a guy gaining 3.5 ypc more work?

I don't like CJ getting more than 300 carries either but how can we argue with the results?

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

6. AH3

AH3 Rookie

While we're doing numbers...

CJ (2009)

2006 (yards rushing)
    5.6 (average rushing yards per carry)
    22 (number of 20+ yard rushes- next highest was 12)
    7 (number of 40+ yard rushes)
    50 (total receptions)
    503 (receiving yards)
    3 (lost fumbles)
    16 (total TD)

Lendale White (2007- last time he had the full load)

1110 (yards rushing)
    3.7 (yards per carry)
    4 (20+ yard runs)
    0 (40+ yard runs)
    20 (receptions)
    114 (receiving yards)
    5 (lost fumbles)
    7 (total TD)

Lendale is a decently good power back and an average running back. He's good enough to start in the NFL, but why in the world would you take carries away from CJ to give to him? Let him go somewhere else (someone will want him because he's a bruiser and can take a full load) and see what we get out of it.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I don't think CJ necessarily needs to split carries, but just be spelled often. But by LW? No thanks, lets put in Ringer. The guy is a stud and will have no drop off with CJ on the sideline.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Would Lendale make a good FB? NO!!! Simply because a FB has to have the mentality of an Olineman and he is 2 flashy and wants the ball.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It takes a special kind of person to play fullback. Just because he's a big bodied RB doesn't mean he'll be any good lining up in front of C.J. as the FB. I do however feel he could come onto the field along with C.J. to give the illusion of him being the FB on some plays. Let's face it, 45 can block and catch well, but he gets absolutely no respect as a ball carrier. LenDale could get peoples interest, but no one would take him serious on running plays as a blocker. Vince is a better run blocker than LenDale strangely enough. If we won't run a wildcat package then why would be put 25 in there as a FB?

10. iQon

iQon Starter

Come on, Madden? I can make Kerry Collins my 2nd string running back and rack up 500 yards in a season.

The answer is, doubt it. He won't want to do it. He probably won't do it. And we have Hall. Under-appreciated by many, but slowly becoming one of the better FB's in the league. There's almost no need for Lendale here anymore. It's all based on Ringer at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar