Would Kerry Collins UnRetire To Lead Colts Until Manning Is Ready If Deal Is Offered?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Aug 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

That retirement didn't last long

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm sure the Texans are happy to open with the Colts.

Sure wish we could have that luxury.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Smart pickup, hopefully he plays vs the Titans and we demolish him.

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ... suckers :D

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't get this attitude considering Collins is a way better option right now than what the Colts have without Manning. I'm much rather see them stay with Painter. Collins could be good enough to help them stumble along at 500 until Manning gets back. Without Collins the COlts probably don't win a single game.

Also, even if Manning comes back on time and Collins never plays a down he could still be on a SB team. The worst thing for him is he gets paid millions for sitting on the bench watching Manning play.

Also, I like what I've seen from Hass so far but I don't like the fact we paid him close to 10 mil a year. IMO Collins would have been a better option with Locker playing as the starter early on.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. titanfan77

titanfan77 Starter

I'm not a Colts fan, that's why I like it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

So he pulled a Favre right after saying he wouldn't pull a Favre.

8. titanfan77

titanfan77 Starter

I also don't buy this as a stop-gap solution for one game.

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

For one thing this is just more indication that Manning's injury may be a little more serious than originally thought, and the FO thinks he either won't be ready to start the season or they believe his neck could be a bit of an issue later on in the season.

I also don't think Collins can even keep the Colts at .500 if he has to start. He is going into the season with no training camp, having to learn a new playbook, and he is another year older. The only time he ever really won games with the Titans was when we had a good defense and a good running game ... 2 things the Colts definitely don't have.

As for Collins just sitting on the bench and winning a SB, I wouldn't mind if he won a SB, I really appreciate all that he has done for the Titans and I would be happy for him, I just don't won't the Colts to win a SB. Fortunately I really doubt the Colts compete for a SB this year anyway so its a moot point.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

LOL, they install a guy that our Defense knows top to bottom. I'll take that all week over Manning!

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar