Would Jeff Fisher cement HOF status if he coached the Titans to a Superbowl win?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would give Ron Wolf the credit for that. The packers GM at the time was the one who built that team. Wolf also drafted Mark Brunell and signed Kurt Warner as an UDFA so he knew a good QB. In fact during the physical doctors reported a hip condition that could have nixed the trade but Ron Wolf accepted it anyway.

If, if, if, Jeff Fisher had another nice run like in 99-03 his winning percentage would be higher than it is and would be comparable to Holmgren or Cowher's.

Obviously with only 21 coaches in the hall it takes something special to get there and Fisher is not likely to have those qualifications. George Allen is there sans a super bowl ring but his 71% winning percentage is extraordinary and he was also the GM and took very aggressive measures to build his team like trading for Bill Kilmer a guy nobody wanted.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If Steve McNair doesn't make the HOF, Jeff Fisher sure as hell doesn't.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

My with the drama. If Jeff fisher has a super bowl winning team it will not have Steve Mcnair as the starting QB. Steve Mcnair has nothing to do with this conversation unless you want to bring up Mcnair's average passing rating in post season games. 67.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm sick of dumb comments like this. When we have had a good QB and good Wrs we did throw the ball more and more effective. I have produced those stats several times.

What coach with VY and Kerry Collins as his QBs and a rookie WR would air it out? That is stupid! It is superficial to just complain we didn't throw enough.

I'm tired of people who never bothered to look at the numbers making stupid generalizations about something they know little about.

How many passes did we throw last year per game? 10? 15? 18? Which is the answer?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The facts stupid. There is no correlation of any kind whatsoever that suggests throwing the ball more gets you to the super bowl. None!

These are the super bowl winning teams this decade and where they ranked in pass attempts.

2000 Ravens-20th

2001 Patriots-24th

2002 Bucs-11th

2003 Patriots-6th

2004 Patriots-22nd

2005 Steelers-***32nd***

2006 Colts-6th

2007-Giants-17th

2008 Steelers-20th

2009 Saints-15th

Again for emphasis there is NO, i repeat NO correlation between throwing the ball more and winning super bowls! The 2005 Steelers were dead last in pass attempts! What a dumb coach eh?

The average ranking in pass attempts for the super bowl winning teams this decade? 17th!

Will this avalanche of facts put an end to the moronic notion that smart coaches throw more? Of course not. I wish i had more confidence in you guys but i don't.

One more time, there is no correlation whatsoever between throwing the ball more and winning super bowls!

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Between the eyes factoid!

The New Orleans saints ranked only 15th in the nfl in pass attempts.

You know where they ranked in rushing attempts? 7th! 7th!

The Saints won the super bowl with a balanced offense and a strong running game. They threw the ball 55% of the time and ran it 45% of the time and were effective at both.

Between the eyes factoid #2!

The 2 years when the titans threw the ball most were the 2 worst years Jeff fisher ever had. 2004 and 2005. Sentimental for a 4-12 team?

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

We had no defence,McNair was hurt anfd we played Volek.

We had no choice but to throw because we were always behind in games.

We certainly didn't throw because we wanted to.

8. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

I think we throw enough passes already, we just aren't as efficient as braes, manning, rivers. Our run game is solid, defense will be solid, I'm curious how well our receivers catch/ get open.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Jeff Fisher is Mike Tice.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You're really reaching here. Mike Tice was horrendous. Any time your career coaching record is under .500, you suck.

There's no comparison between the two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar