Would a rookie qb perform better than McNair in the next 2 years?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 30, 2006.

?
  1. NO way..Steve is still a top 12 qb if he had weapons

29.2%
  2. Highly unlikely in next 2 years but look at Big BEN

33.3%
  3. Yes, these are not your normal rookie qbs they are FRANCHISE QBS

20.8%
  4. Production would be similar

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

I think the production would be similar. Why you ask? Poor production from the rest of the O last year. Improved production this year from the supporting cast and the second year of the new scheme. No kick on Steve but 4 wins is not hard to duplicate.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's almost a moot point

unless this is a playoff bound team this year - who cares

it would only get ugly if we made it to the playoffs with McNair next year and then let him go .... think on that a bit

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

ok ill pull out the card that says "lets be serious" on it and think...

im going with mcnair 100% in this one, no contest...

4. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

lets get serious 4 wins:hmm:

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

if your putting all the fault on steve for us only winning 4 games last year your out of your mind...

6. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

That's true....Steve doesn't play defense:))

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So many don't even understand the question..

The question has to do with what kind of team we will have the next 2 years and what kind of team you want to have. We will have the talent to win in 2006 i believe that. We certainly will have that talent in 2007. Do we want to compromise the chance at success by breaking in some kid QB?

Soxcat foolishly tries to use the example of rothlisberger who is a rare example of a guy who was very good right away. Why not use the more realistic example of carson palmer who was not first rate until his third season. Is the 2004 version of palmer(passing rating 77) good enough to get you to the super bowl?

8. titan west

titan west Guest

Well I would say if and bite my tonge. Titans draft VY and #9 gives the best 2 years of his career and VY would be ready in 2.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I can't speak for Slipjack but I'm self confessed to be out of my mind on any given day. I'm not putting responsibility for only 9 wins in two season solely on McNair. I'm actually just being an off season hater. I defended McNair during the season and I do think he's a remarkable guy and has got the guts of a champion. The simple fact is I'm turned of by Bus, his agent... but I realize he's doing his job... I just wish he's keep it out of the papers. I'm reminded of the EG debacle and I'm just hardening up my heart on MAC by being a hater... just so I won't be even more PO'ed if he does leave.

As for performance... There were games last year when the offense completely choked out. Some of that you can lay on Steve but most of it is about the other 10 guys... not to mention 11 others on D the totally got creamed. I have always maintained in the sane potion of my head that McNair gives us our best chance to win. His cap # is way to high but that is not really Steve's fault so much cause as I understand it his pay has more or less been deferred in the past and now it's time to pay...

A rookie isn't going to be able to play but there is no guarentee that MAC is going to be able to make his starts and have his back in decent shape. RollTide makes an issue of Steve not being old... cites examples of Joe Montana and the like... but... did Joe have chronic injuries? (I haven't looked it up, sorry :hmm:) Anyhow... It's very wait and see. When did Neal O'donnel realize that he wasn't all that and a bag of chips?

I think McNair should start and I hope he wins. If (feels more like when) McNair goes down... I hope VY gets a shot. I think Young is being underestimated and he could prove to be a real power house... Of course I could be wrong... Then again... I am right sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar