Would a rookie qb perform better than McNair in the next 2 years?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 30, 2006.

?
  1. NO way..Steve is still a top 12 qb if he had weapons

29.2%
  2. Highly unlikely in next 2 years but look at Big BEN

33.3%
  3. Yes, these are not your normal rookie qbs they are FRANCHISE QBS

20.8%
  4. Production would be similar

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

Just wondering what everyone thinks...considering we are back on the win now campaign

2. metal957

metal957 Starter

I totally think any three of these prospects could and would be better with two years of experience behind them. With norm there to help they would be very good.

3. Yeh, I feel that these next two years will be the turning point of this franchise

4. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

After two years they would probably be an upgrade. But during the next two years? Not so much.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Most of the top QBs don't even see the field their rookie season and those that do usually put up some ugly numbers. I think McNair would out-produce a rookie for '06 and '07 but that isn't the issue.

The issue is that much of the talent on the team now will be entering their prime beginning in '07 and the Titans should have a number of years where they'll challenge. Do you want to have a rookie step in then or a guy who has a couple of seasons under his belt?

6. We need McNair for 2 more years, the team is starting to mature, and ih is still around for 2 more years, the Titans can comeback where they belong, to the top of the NFL. Draft VY and let learn for 2 years under Steve and throw him to the wolves in '08.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree with Jeff. In a perfect scenario we would draft a guy like Leinart, maybe let him sit for a year and he would hit his stride about the right time to get back to the SB. IMO Leinart would be as effective as McNair even if he started next year.
    McNair had 16 TDs with 11 ints last year with an 82 passing rating. I don't think it is unreasonable for a guy like Leinart to put up those kind of numbers in Chow's system even as a rookie. Especially if we can improve our running game some and play better defense to take some pressure off the QB. Leinart and Ben Roethlisberger are similar type players IMO and Ben had a 98 rating his first year.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't understand the question in the poll...

Are you asking if a rookie/sophmore can win more than 9 out 32 games?

9. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

That's harsh dude! His supporting cast was less than spectacular....not to mention the defense...sheesh.
    As far as a rookie outperforming Steve...don't think so...especially if that rookie if Cutler.

ABC (Anyone But Cutler)

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't follow. You said Leinart would be as effective as McNair even if he started next year. You then go on to say that we could make this happen by improving the rest of our team. That doesn't even make sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar