World's best ever athlete does it again

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Carpy, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not debateable yet more people agree with my view than yours. Funny.

As usual you have no idea. Can't swing a baseball bat? Ever seen him try? Or just typical Gloat talk that when you got nothing you talk bull****.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

This is probably the dumbest debate we have going on right now simply because defining "greatness" is purely relative to the observer(s) and trying to compare athletes across different sports is like I said earlier, trying to compare "apples and oranges". IMHO I think decathletes and triathletes should be near the top of the list due to their range and ability in multiple events.

However one of the most inspiring athletes I know is a LONG distance runner, Ultramarathon runner if you will, named Dean Karnazes. His book will motivate the most lazy of lazy to at least try to get out and run.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Karnazes

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I am not debating over the "greatest athlete". I am debating the fact that distance runners are GREAT athletes...at least the good ones are.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I just find their feats are more impressive than those of basketballers/footballers.

5. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

As a runner I can only say one thing about Dean. The man is insane!

I Read the book by the way and you are right. One might could debate that he is the worlds greatest athlete. That man does things that most rational people would think were humanly impossible. There is, however no debate that he is the most insane athlete in the world!

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

What about these "feats"?

[​IMG]

And since running distance seems to be the the greatest athletic endeavor in some of your minds, I nominate Erwin Valdenebito, owner of the Guinness World Record for distance run on a treadmill in 24 hours (153.9 miles). He has to be the world's greatest athlete if he can run that far.

7. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Well, Dean has run 148 miles on a treadmill in 24 hours, but that is a minor accoplishment for him. He's run a 12 man, 199 mile relay race as a one man team, and he's done it 6 times. He once ran from his house to the start line of the 199 mile relay race, (his house is 101 miles from the start) to make it a 300 mile run. He's run 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 straight days. His has also run for 80 hr. 44 mins. straight for a total of 350 miles without stopping.

And Gloat he isn't a stick man, a short man, but not a stick..

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

The Man ... and fro those are impressive!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o3cxDp4f_jQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o3cxDp4f_jQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

ok so Gunny, Carpy, etc...

If you and any other athlete of your choice are going into a 8 sport competition, including Basketball, Football, Soccer, Swimming, Track, Hockey, Baseball and Volleyball. Who would you choose to be on your team? This Marathon runner? I wouldn't. We would win 1 competition...

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Yeah, I don't think they get the concept of athletic. It's a combination of speed, endurance, agility, and strength.

This little guy might have 1 of those things. That's it. Put him in a boxing ring while we're at it. Lets see what he's got after 4 rounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar