Woolfolk Reloaded Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 10, 2006.

?
  1. Woolfolk is a bust and the 2006 season will only prove that further.

71.0%
  2. Woolfolk has had a rough time of it but I expect him to play at a high level in the 2006 season.

29.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Every guy who steps on the field has performance impending injuries, some persevere, some just keep in their pocket as a defense mechanism so when they make a mistake they have something to relate it to.

Here is where I really think the situation gets grey. I don't really care what kind of person a player is, albeit, not a mass murderer, I only care about what kind of player the person is. It may sound extremely fickle, but the majority of these guys weren't raised properly, but they're not on Parenting Showcase, they're being showcased and paid to be football players. Some people hate Pacman because of what kind of person he is, I LOVE Pacman because of what kind of PLAYER he is, with the passion he brings to the game. Nowadays, you can't find many players who go out and play every snap with the kind of childish abandon, instead of talking through their agents and holding out for cash. Granted Andre Woolfolk is a nice guy, that doesn't translate to CRAP on the football field. So I would be interested to see how many people voted, "he's not a bust" because they think Andre is a nice guy and hope he does well.

I will say this, I DO hope that Andre plays well, I never want any Titan not to succeed(unlike many of you who wanted Pacman to fail greatly) and i will root for him until it is not beneficial for the Titans.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Two responses- the last topic first.

1) I assume you're talking about others in regards to Pac-Man. I've been behind him since he showed up in camp.

2) Class act doesn't equal "nice guy" in my book. Class act character DOES often translate into excellent field play. It often defines who will rise to the top despite medium talent or adverse injury circumstances. The list of examples is exhausting.

By no means am I suggesting that anybody gets a pass on field performance or accountability. If Woolfolk has more receptions caught on his side, more YAC, less INT's, passes deflected, more TD's etc than others with equal playing time then he should get demoted.

Occasionally, fans like to use a player as a whipping boy for the entire team's poor performance.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Well, at least I know it's not something in my water...

:))

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

That's not right.

:fish:

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:toast: :rotfl:

6. Whew, I had typed the world's longest post, left then returned and it messed up... you are all spared ... trust me. Now Will, you talk like he runs a 4.6, never made a play at all, and just suits up for the heck of it. As a matter of fact, you talk like the entire Titans defensive coaching staff is full of idiots. Wasn't Fisher a DB. Don't you think he would completely demote Andre all the way down if he had no skills, no talent, no ability. They see a heck of a lot more than any of us do. That is why they are who they are and all of us including all of you are who you are or do whatever you do. After this offseason of training for Andre, get ready to repent of your anti-Titanic sins, yes I said Anti-Titans Sins. Yes, if the Titans coaches are still behind Andre being an effective Titan, regardless of your interpretations of Hill starting now. You see, they are really not just behind Andre, they are behind all their players becoming as effective and successful as possible, why, it makes the team that much better. All of your negativity is unheard by the ears that count though... thank God.... for your sake. None of that mess would be considered constructive. You know if you ever gave him credit for his successes, then I would not complain about your posts. Instead you completely disregard them. Come on, with your rebuttals to this post so I can post them. Bottom line, if you were real fans, you would back all your players, especially those that give a 110% effort and Andre does, he is never lazy in any approach, period. Not only are those of you that clicked that top choice haters .... Your FAKERS, FAKE FANS. Me, I am 100% legitimate Broncos/Titans Fan, truth, I am both and there is nothing you can say or do to Refute it.

7. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

WU, I can understand why you would be upset by this thread and possibly it was started to get you a little riled up. I also think the jury is still out on Andre though I am not as hopeful as you are. Hope you are right though. But to say that people are fake fans for hating on a player is crazy. I am a fan of the Tennessee Titans the franchise and I will follow them whereever they go. Players come and go. They may be good for a while then they may suck or they may never be good. A fan has the right to criticize a player, dislike him, rip him whatever, without not being loyal to the team. I was haiting on Eddie George when I thought he needed to go but I was still a loyal fan. Bottom line being pissed at people ripping your boy does not give you the freedom to rip everyone's loyalty. I mean they people are spending there free time posting on a Titan fan sight. That shows loyalty my friend. Oh and how long before Wolfolk came to Tennessee were you a titan fan? Just currious if you are a loyal fan or loyal to Wolfolk?

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Just in case you missed it about 5 posts ago: Post #51

I will say this, I DO hope that Andre plays well, I never want any Titan not to succeed(unlike many of you who wanted Pacman to fail greatly) and i will root for him until it is not beneficial for the Titans.

Plus, to call us all haters who back the organization is naive, remember, we're backing the organization, you're backing your Nephew, who's the loyal person in that respect. You are as bit of a Fairweather fan, because the minute Andre leaves, you'll stop being a Titan fan and go somewhere else. At least we are being loyal to the one constant, the organization.

WU, don't turn this thread into a hate thread, we've been very respectful in our discussion, we don't need you're biased opinion clouding everything we've built.:winker:

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

get ready to repent of your anti-Titanic sins?

oh damn...

[​IMG]

adamwinn51, I didn't start this thread to get W.U. riled up.
    I stated this thread so one group could tell another, "I told you so." next year... That and I wanted to know where people stood... people that weren't going to post in a feeding frenzy...now if you'll excuse me...I've got to go back to playing pacman.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i'll say this with no hesitation -
    NOBODY is really performing at their top level (w/ KVB as exception) in this particular scheme.
    we've been handed our hat on so many occasions, and sometimes you just gotta wonder if these DB's are being placed in incorrect position to make plays (in cover / zone schemes, etc...)
    now if they're getting beat in "man" coverage thats another story
    and man gets difficult when pressure isn't being supplied by the lines.

there's plenty of fingers to point around. but you gotta wonder how these guys would perform under better coaching / schemes

it's hard to knock any of these guys considering the leadership

i wouldn't be surprised to see top tier DB's struggle in this system

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar