Woolfolk Reloaded Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 10, 2006.

?
  1. Woolfolk is a bust and the 2006 season will only prove that further.

71.0%
  2. Woolfolk has had a rough time of it but I expect him to play at a high level in the 2006 season.

29.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Andre Woolfolk "has contributed little to nothing relative to" what Anquan Boldin has.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No doubt he has Woolfolk beat in # of receptions, YAC, TD's etc.:brow:

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Hill looked pretty good to me
    Andre needs to work out with the Safeties and provide Nickle support

4. Riverman

He got burned more than Andre, but he played tighter, had more picks and broke up more plays. Woolfolk tackles better. I don't know how to evaluate who is better.

I agree with you. I think he's best suited for nickel and maybe some FS.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

You just did. Unless you don't consider coverage an adequate barometer of a CBs skills. Deion Sanders couldn't tackle. The point is, Cover Corners are supposed to COVER, if they can't do that, who cares if they can tackle?:hmm:

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:applause:

7. Riverman

Yeah, but the question remains "Is he a bust?" I don't buy into that. Woolfolk has skills, they haven't been developed. He has shown signs of being a good corner. He does play well (tight) in man coverage- the games he was soft he was playing cover 2 or other zone. He was getting beat on mostly slants, curls and outs. So, although his play has been a disappointment thus far, it is excessive to declare him a bust by any definition. It may be that his skills/style are best suited for nickel or FS.

Don't lose sight that our other CB's got burned deep frequently. And although I like Hill's aggressive style, it also cost us a few deep balls when he guessed (timed) wrong. Woolfolk's problem is his conservative style. He appears afraid of giving up the big play (reception or defensive pass interference) that he plays off the receiver and gets chewed up in small chunks. I think that is easily fixed with a little PLAYER DEVELOPMENT from the DB coach. I think we'd be foolish to give up on this guy. Can't say that about some of our other DB's.

Several of you appear to have a real lack of objectivity when evaluating Woolfolk.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

you know, there's only 4 more routes. I was wrong, he isn't a bust.:sad2:

As for Hill, don't lose sight of the fact he was a ROOKIE! If you saw any of the deep balls he was beat on, they were underthrown balls, which as we know are the hardest for a DB to cover. With a little more practice, route recognition and ball skills, he's gonna have that one down too.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that speaks VOLUMES considering we're comparing a 7th round rookie to a 1st round guy who's been in the system awhile

10. Riverman

Still the question is IS HE A BUST. He may not pan out to be as good a cover corner as Hill- that's not my (or the thread's) point.

As far as Hill, some balls were underthrown but his footwork was flawed on some. But he got burned deep plenty and looked like a girl trying to tackle on some plays. Hill plays aggressive and should learn LOADS this off-season- something that Woolfolk has not. My point with Woolfolk is he has skills but HE HASN'T FULLY DEVELOPED. It may be him, it may be injuries, it may be coaching influence. Regardless, it is too early to say he is a bust NFL player. Bust cover corner- maybe. "Bust" use of our first round pick-maybe. Bust nickel, FS or other NFL position- I don't think so.

Use KVB as an analogy- Arizona fans (and coaches) said he was a bust 2nd round pick. But after injuries healed and he got in a different system, he flourished. He had the skills but his development was delayed for one reason or another. Sometimes it takes a little more time to bring the best out of a player.

It is like stocks- it is not a loss until you sell it. If his development and performance doesn't progress this year then I'm willing to let it go. Woolfolk has had legitimate issues that have impeded his development thus far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar