Woolfolk Fighting to Keep Job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:sleepy:

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Based on the highlites shown on draft day I thought he was a S when the Titans drafted him.

And like Calico I hope he stays healthy and has a productive season ect....

3. [​IMG]

Scotty, I need more, we need more Scotty!!!!

[​IMG]
    "Captain, I'm Giving Her All She's Got"
    Mr. Scott allways came through.. Always!!!

4. wg53

wg53 Starter

He needs to just be cut already so we can admit he is a complete, utter total bust. No way in hell we should have picked up a guy that just switched over to defense from WR to play CB in the league. He just doesn't have the instincts to play CB. Missed games or not. He is not very good and should never have been drafted on the first day.

5. [​IMG]

:banned:

6. See what you did..... Where did WG53 get his bugle from. Whomever sold it to him should have their place smashed with a wrecking ball and they should be banned from the music business forever.... sounds so bad, should definitely be muted

[​IMG]

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

As I said previously...

If Woolfolk isn't starting on the outside, he'll get a shot at Nickel...he's too talented not to.

Woolfolk and Fuller are similar players in the sense that both are excellent athletes...however, Woolfolk has the hips for corner...not sure Fuller does...but both have been basically learning CB while as Titans.

We shouldn't have drafted Woolfolk? Why not? Outside of his 4.45 40 time, he has elite measureables at the corner position in terms of size and athleticism. And it's not like he never played cb before we took him, he just didn't have a lot of experience doing it.

Some have made comparisons to Calico at WR, but I don't think that is accurate. Calico can turn into a dominant WR if he stays healthy, catches 1000 balls a day, improves his route running and gets the rest of his act together on the field. The days of the shutdown CB are over.

Someone said the team might go from mediocre to top 10 D based on the secondary. In this day and age, it doesn't work like that. You need the pass rush, not the excellent CB's. Having excellent CB's sure help, but if you don't have a dominant pass rush, they'll be exposed...especially in our division. On the other hand, you can have avg CB's with a dominant front 7 and dominate in this league because you can stop the run and the pass. Just look at the Steelers!

But I think Woolfolk can be an important piece to our puzzle...even at Nickel back. And given our rash of injuries the last couple of years, he is luxury to have at nickel. Even better would be if they let him play outside in some nickel situations to match his size against some of the big WR's we face...like Andre Johnson.

Gut

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Is this a sore subject for someone? :))

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

LOL...not me.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that's not saying much.:brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar