Woolfolk Fighting to Keep Job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Be honest, if the AP report had said how impressed the Titans are this year with Woolfolk's work ethic, outstanding improvement and that he was finally starting to look like the CB the Titans thought they were getting when they burned a 1st round pick on him you would have thought the report was the most credible report ever.
    The sad thing is I really do believe Andre is giving it 100% and effort is not his problem.

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Has that happened?

3. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Please provide a link to where me or anyone else for that matter "bashed" or even questioned his "work ethic". If not, I'd say we're done here because the "results" speak for themselves.

I've questioned the results since early in '04 and said he'd end up on Special Teams. So far I'm right on the money.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Andre's work ethic...

Never been discussed on any board as far as i know. :hmm:

5. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

Lay off of Andre. This thread has become how bad can we piss off WU. If someone talked about your family this way, you would respond.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Agreed. This string has become weak to say the least. If the guy makes the team as a started he does if not let it go. Not like your a** is humping out there to make the practice squad.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

just say you slept with their sisters...always good for a rile up.

8. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Welcome aboard guys.

:wave:

9. IOWA

IOWA Mercenary

I don't see a thread about Andre Woolfolk. I see a thread about a couple of guys who enjoy riling up another man just because they feel they can. From what I can tell, this Woolfolks Uncle will retort unjust negativity to the point of going overboard. That is what seems to be going on here. It looks as if certain posters derive pleasure from angering this Woolfolks Uncle, because they know he is more than a fan.

They know he loves Andre Woolfolk for more than a football player.

I know it's roughly 6 weeks until there is some real NFL action to talk about. This stuff is sad. It's not hard to imagine posters here getting happy if Woolfolk were to get burned on the feild... look bad... get run over or give up the score... It's not hard to imagine posters here rubbing WoolfolksUncle nose in it just because he has the emotional attachment.

This type of message board activity is called flaming. I find it acceptable in certain doses. It really looks like smack forum territory to me in these chronic instances. I'm astonished that it passes for legit football talk in this forum. Maybe Woolfolks Uncle shouldn't draw the fire by defending Andre in the manner in which he does.

Do you know what I really don't understand? I don't understand why otherwise credible posters would risk their diginty and the respect of fellow forum members in the pursuit of tasteless humor with the kind of cheap shots that get fired over this. Maybe it's jealousy.

I wish my cousin or brother was an NFL player. I wouldn't and don't let my little daydream take control of me to the point where I tirelessly seek out and attempt to hurt another human being with exaggerated, ridiculous posts with no real purpose other than to flame. I don't think Andre Woolfolk is a real great player. I can say that in a respectful manner.

I can also look to his past and dismiss him as soft. I can also say that in a respectful manner. I needn't make a complete mockery out of him in front of this Woolfolks Uncle. People would lose respect for me. I would be looked down upon. The whole Andre Woolfolk "thing" is total bunk when it comes to the harshest critics. It's a complete waste of time and I for one as well as others I'm sure are totally turned off by it. Turned off by it to the point to where I don't even want to look at an Andre Woolfolk topic because it is full of hazing and flaming.:sad2:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I just come in here to preach Reynaldology...and possibly tell a few posters refered to above that I slept with their sister...just rile em up a bit.

Reynaldology Rule #1 - Treat all as equal...unless it's Peyton Manning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar