Wonder if the Titans will blitz more or how I hate Jerry Gray.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/49343/why-tennessee-titans-need-pass-rush-help

Of particular interest is the following:

Last season, the Titans sent four or fewer rushers nearly 75 percent of the time, recording 18 sacks. The quarter of the time when they sent five or more, they recorded 21 sacks.

That was 26.0 drop-backs per sack for standard pressure (28th in the NFL) and 7.6 drop-backs per sack with five or more rushers, best in the NFL.

****ing Blitz, Moron.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Greg Williams will be running the defense no matter what title he is, we're bringing the pressure this year and I can't freaking wait.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Yea you dont add Greg Williams and play soft zone again, you get aggressive.
  4. The Playmaker

So we were best in the NFL when rushing 5 or more but only end up doing it 25% of our snaps? LOL I hate you Gray. The Williams defense is going to be sick with Brown and Ayers, now we just need help at DB.

This is why I want to go defense in the 1st. Throw in Star, Floyd, Ansah, or Mingo (especially this guy) into the mix or even Rhodes who is best at the press in this draft and we're well on our way to a mean defense.
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Yea, but I mean rushing 5 guys is really risky guys.
  6. The Playmaker

That or we can sit back in zone and get picked apart. Hopefully we can find that good middle area this year. Need another pass rusher and another DB and I think we're there.
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I think we benefit more from a pass rusher. For the past little while I haven't valued the corner position very much.
  8. The Playmaker

Kinda in the same boat but this year I think we do need another guy to fit in with Williams and what he'll do on defense, hence the "press corner" that was dropped at the conference yesterday. We don't have to go with Rhodes or Milliner in the 1st but we do need one early instead of late like we usually do.
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I agree, in a perfect world I would like to see

1. DE
    2. WR/OL
    3.CB
    3. Whatever we missed on above
  10. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

The other teams QB must go down and he must go down hard.
    • High Five High Five x 1