With two days before the draft...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

DE is deep also, so one could be had in the 2nd. My preference is d-line in the 1st, if the right guy is there. Three guys that I'd guess will probably be there but are probably reaches are Spencer, C. Johnson, and Harrell. If that's the case, and a trade down is available where it looks like one of those guys is still there where we trade to, it looks good to me.

Then again, I like Anderson. Some say he may be in the mid 1st. If he's there, and it takes a mid round pick or combo of mid to late picks, I think I'd go that route.

Then there's the other thought that's been mentioned by the Titans (Fisher? or maybe it was Reinfeldt). Get one bigger run stuffer, and then a smaller speed guy instead of hoping for a do it all guy like Anderson.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Despite Big Al's head stomping incident, which does minimize his value in a trade as Jeff stated, we would be foolish IMO to trade him just to turn around and draft another DL. Actually Haynesworth is worth more to us than another team at this point and of those Jeff listed he would be the one I'd consider extending if his demands were not ridiculous. Really, we don't gain much if we lose Haynesworth and then draft a guy like Branch or Harrell. I'd rather see Branch or Harrell AND Haynesworth stuffing the run.

I think Jeff's startegy is sound being the most value at #19 might not be at WR if a good DL is available. Moving down to 30 in a Turner trade changes the whole perspective because then a WR like Jarrett, Bowe or even Rice might be a decent value. We might even see some value at S at 30.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

why has everyone abandoned S ?
    tell me noone would take Grffin @ 30

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

personally, I'll take BPA regardless of position as long as it isn't QB

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

But how much longer will Al be on the roster? I'd love to see Haynesworth and Harrell on the inside, with Starks and Long in relief. But if big Al is a Free Agent next year, we may be better off getting something for him now than waiting and getting nothing.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Jeff-
    Although a WR might be a deep position in the draft, getting a #3 reciever is not one of our needs, we need to take a shot on a highlight receiver, like Ginn, Bowe, or Meachem, i think everyone supports meachem just because he is a tennessee native, Bowe seems to be the most complete reciever in the draft behind Johnson, and Ginn is a Trackstar with no hands. I think Ginn and Bowe would be our best shot in the draft. IMO.

7. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

You just said that Ginn is a trackstar with no hands, but yet he's one of our best shots? How does that make sense?

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This team paid Givens to be a #1 WR last year. If we draft a WR with #19, he'll not contribute much this season. WRs rarely do especially with a QB in his second season. So anything at WR we draft this year is for production in '08 and, more likely, '09 and beyond.

In '08, Givens returns 100% (hopefully), Jones should be pushing to be a solid #2 (if not better) and the Titans have many other options such Williams, Roby, Orr and/or a 3rd/4th round pick this season as the #3.

I don't see a ton of drop off from the late first to the third here. I like Sidney Rice as much as Jarrett or Bowe and he'll be there in the second.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

One other thing. I would not be shocked if the Titans looked for a TE value.

Ben Troupe's contract is up at the end of this season, I believe. He's not shown anything to deserve a big contract. As important as the TE is in Chow's offense, I would think a mid-round pick (if BPA) might happen.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I could see a second day pick on a TE, but with Scaife developing and Troupe still here next year, I'd hope they wouldn't use anything higher than a 5th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar