with the first pick. from n.c.st.......what?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by hickoryholla, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hickoryholla

hickoryholla Guest

with all this qb talk, has anyone thought about maybe going for mario williams with the first pick. i realize we have laboy, odom and schobel, but their all average at best. two solid ends would be nice to have for 5 or 6 years down the road and the way qbs are who's to say we can't get a solid one later in the draft. like croyle, kellen clemens or omar jacobs for example. just a crazy thought, but the thought of taking a qb and him not working out would screw us for a long time.

2. metal957

metal957 Starter

Boy you and Roll Tide are going to be good friends, but no we are going QB, and hopefully the pick will be Vince Young

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Mario will probably be gone anyway.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Today Schefter reported on Total Access that the Texans might be looking to land Williams, either at #1 or through trade. He said they rolled out far more red carpet for him than Bush, and are pushing more to begin contract talks with him then Bush.

By red carpet, I mean only some of the personnel were there to meet Bush. Most all were on hand to meet Williams.

Gunny, you may get your Bush yet, Bushman.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Upon further review, that would complicate matters greatly.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please.

hehe i typed all that out too.

7. danny

danny Guest

I was listening to that on Sirius on the way home from work last night. Bush could fall right into the Titans' laps or at least to #2. I wonder if Bush is there at #2, will Reese go up and get him or will he be content to let someone else have a chance to trade up in front of him.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think most of us wanted to pick Mario, but Rolltide talked us out of it.

9. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

If Bush doesn't go #1, he's definatly going @ #2. The saints have Deuce McAlister who was injured last year. Then they can trade out of it - IMO the Jets would be interested; Curtis Martin on the DOWN side of his career.

10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Wow, this could be tough on draft day. Imagine if Bush and two or three of the QB's are there when we pick? Tough decision....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar