With the 8th Pick of the 2016 Draft: Michigan State OT Jack Conklin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

He is going to beast it! Loved the pick- attitude with the frame to back it up. What is not to like?

2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

From everything I've read, Conklin is consistent and not making a lot of rookie mistakes. Sounds good to me. Now if he and the rest of the line can just get their **** together and win in the trenches, this team can move toward winning some games. The line has been a huge problem for so long it's ridiculous.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Conklin is certainly getting a lot of praise from the coaches.

Can anybody who has been to camp verify that he is actually appears to be as dominant as is being reported? I sure hope he plays this well in the regular season games against the 1's of opposing teams.

It's hard for me to forget that we gave up a good bit to trade back up to get him. The cynic in me suspects there might be a bit of hype to make sure JR/Mulky look good with what we gave back up to get him.

4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

If he plays better than the scrubs we have had for years it's totally worth giving up a pick to get him.

The guy on reddit has training camp reports that have been linked here in training camp threads and has pointed Conklin out as dominant in every one that I've read. So I don't think it's just coach/media hype. Not saying he's a probowler or anything but it sounds like he consistently does his job...which is exactly what we need out of him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

The biggest thing Conklin will do for us is make Warmack better. He's gonna look much better this season. Doubt we resign him though lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I was at the stadium Monday night and Conklin held his own. What we need to worry about is the interior still. Spain got dominated several times by Casey and Warmack got abused on one play by Blackson really bad. Lewan and Conklin were both solid though, which is encouraging.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

No shocker there.....Warmack sucks....as does Spain. I can't believe we didn't address the LG position this off season, still pisses me off.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Time to try Schwenke at LG

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Watch...Tretola gets rid of that gut, and I bet he beats him out....

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Too bad he is wiped after one series

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar