With the 45th Pick of the 2016 Draft: Alabama RB Derrick Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

While I applaud you for putting this up we will still have a few who claim he's slow among other BS and it will continue. As the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make em drink. Best acceleration tested by ANY player at ANY position in 3 years... I seem to recall some guy named Arian Foster being a tall, fast, one cut back and everyone loving the hell out of him (probably because he was a Tennessee Vol) and what we have here is the same TYPE of back just bigger and stronger.
    For those of you who say he doesn't have any vision... you don't gain 2200 plus yards and 28 td's with no vision, it just doesn't happen.
    8 in the box is going to be the norm if not 9 when this guy is on the field. I won't attempt to predict his numbers but IF Mariota makes teams pay for doing this, something we haven't done for a while, then Marcus is going to have a monster season. IF he doesn't then it's going to be yet another long season for everyone. We cannot go into this season one dimensional again. Both the run and pass games must compliment one another. That's been one of the problems for some time, teams knew if they defended the run well against us the passing game just wouldn't be enough.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Exactly, teams will have to "pick their poison" when playing the Titans. Load up the box and MM should have a field day...drop back into coverage and (please note:if our line performs) DH and DM will pound them into submission.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Titan/Oiler34

The biggest word in the English language... IF. lol. Agreed, if that line does what it's supposed to teams are gonna hate playing us. Add Mariota taking off as well if everything's covered. This could be fun. I'm still not positive we win more than 6 or 7 this season because we still have poor depth at a few positions but at least it's not rb, Oline or CB at the moment. We may not have drafted a corner high but I've been watching some videos of both CB'S WE drafted... I dare say they could both end up starting at some point WITHOUT injury. Kalen Reeds speed is fricken impressive, and his ball skills are without a doubt better coming out than any of the guys we've drafted in the past few years.

4. meekmode

meekmode Starter

I agree but lets not confuse fastest accelleration with fastest acceleration over 20 yards. henry has a strong 2nd and 3rd gear but until he gets through the line he's not blowing anyone away with quickness. i like henry the more I watch him though! i didn't want to draft him at the time but I'm glad we did.

5. Titan/Oiler34

Not to argue but you should definitely watch that video... had the fastest acceleration at 5 yds, 10 yds and 20 yds of any player tested in the last 3 years at any position... at least that's what the guy in the video says...

6. meekmode

meekmode Starter

Oh my bad, thought it was only 20 yards. well if thats the case it's really impressive. i almost can't believe my eyes once he hits his last gear. a man that big shouldn't be THAT fast.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Titan/Oiler34

LOL, no worries. Elliot cuts better which at 5'10 vs 6'3" should be true... as I said there are plenty of one cut backs out there who have been er succesful. It's all about seeing the crease and hitting it. George, Foster, Jacobs, Dickerson all one cut backs and I'm sure there are plenty more if you look. At worst he's going to be a faster B. Jacobs we could do worse... oh wait lmao.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Means so much.

[​IMG]

• Troll Troll x 1
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't dislike Henry as a player, but I feel we would've been better off taking a different position.

Could've taken Kenyan drake in round 3 and Jordan Howard in round 5.

I'm all for cutting Sankey, Cobb, Andrews, mccluster.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sankey already has one foot out the door, and after Murray falls on his face 8 games in you're gonna be thanking god we took Henry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar