With the 33rd Pick of the 2016 Draft: Clemson DE Kevin Dodd

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You are being unrealistic. I guess everyone should be hounding Belichick for his countless misses in the draft. The draft is a crap shoot, and it takes well more than a season for pretty much any player to realize their potential.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Why did other OLB's drafted later and got less snaps produce more? That's my only point. It isn't a rational (or logical comparison) point to state pre-season game 1 is the reason......

I hope he does well. He hasn't produced at any point and is comparatively behind others. And as far as JRob goes- he's a pretty good GM. He's not infallible as oft portrayed on this board.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

Time will tell. But I don't think Jon Robinson will hold on to draft picks like the Jeff Fisher era.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Riverman

First of all Belichek is a HC, not a GM. (Of course I know you know that.) Second, JRob hasn't hit on everything he's touched. He's good, not great and definitely not an infallible deity like so many here want him to be. That's my only point.

And Dodd was a reach at #33 that so far has achieved less than others of similar or shorter tenure and cost us less draft capital. That's my point on that. I'd love to see him do well but he just has showed much of anything.

5. Riverman

I agree. He'll cut bait and move on. Especially if he perceives an effort or "toughness" is sub-par. I'm just really big on accountability. That's necessary to produce a superior product.

6. Zack3000

I didn't like the Dodd pick and still don't. The 33rd pick should give the team more than 5 tackles and 1 sack in 9 games.

7. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Kevin Dodds already 25 years old.

Still scratching my head why Robinson drafted a 24 year old guy with limited athleticism, better suited for a 4-3 defense with the #33 overall pick.

We have a younger, quicker, faster, better pass rusher and better in coverage guy in Aaron Wallace, whom also had better production than him last season.

Dodd has this year to figure it out IMO. Otherwise, Wallace and I'm guessing another early pick at edge rusher next year will push him out the door.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Zack3000

I am willing to bet Kevin dodd is like Jake locker. He will be going into his third season as a pro a still hasn't played 16 games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

"Belichick has extensive authority over the Patriots' football operations, effectively making him the general manager of the team as well."

NE's second round pick from 2016 has been pure garbage as well. He's likely to eventually be cut like their first rounder from a few years ago, Dominique Easley.

If you want to nitpick every single mistake Robinson has made, despite the dramatic improvement in the roster in a little over a year, that's fine. I just think that the prior regimes made you sick of losing and you're taking it out on the wrong guy. If a GM hits on even half of his picks, he's a keeper. Especially if he's bringing in FA talent like Decker, Murray, Jones, Matthews, (hopefully Ryan) etc. to effectively fill in the holes.

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

No doubt. I think we ALL want him to be great at #33...but let's be real. People bust all the time. It's life. A draft is nothing but a crap shoot. I am hoping he comes to life and plays like a high end draft pick, but only healthy time will tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar