With the 30th pick in the '09 NFL Draft...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Ubiq, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I don't think the Lions have anything to do with it. They will take Stafford and if they don't it will be a bigger mistake than Mike Williams.

I think a lot depends on the Chiefs and or 49ers. I'm not sure we have the ammo to trade up to #3 but maybe #9. Lots of people say the Chiefs go with a QB but I have liked of what I have seen from Thigpen. And if they do take Sanchez then I would say lets offer the Chiefs something for Thigpen. Now if the Chiefs do pass on a QB like they should then it comes down to the 49ers. Is Shaun Hill a franchise QB? No. But he's not that bad. He's Singleterry's guy. They seem to be trying to build a team like ours with a strong defense and a power run game. So maybe they will be content with Hill or maybe give Alex Smith one last shot. But I don't want to take a chance, I'd try to trade with like Oakland to get Sanchez before the 49ers get a shot at him.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Eh, after looking at the draft order again, Sanchez is a pipe-dream.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

That's why a trade up is necessary.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Trading up from 30 to spots 4-7 would be very costly. Not worth it, IMO.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If he ends up being the next Carson Palmer then it wont matter. We need a franchise QB at all costs.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

some mocks have Sanchez being a 2nd round pick or late 1st.

Nate Davis in the 2nd would be sweet. If it weren't for his last 2 games, he'd be top 15-20 easy.

There are a lot of good RBs too. Greene, Wells, Moreno,Javon Ringer, some who are great. Very deep class there.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I do like Davis and from what I heard in one of the last two games of his he had the flu so hey, give him credit for playing. I'm only a little cautious because he played against bad teams. Freeman and Bomar are still options. I just wish Bradford would have declared, Sanchez would be the 3rd QB taken which would may not even require a trade.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He also played with a bad team. He's not as good as Cutler was, but he's in that same category. He worked with what he had, which is good for a future NFL QB, especially one for the Titans.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Taking Stafford will turn into as big of a mistake as Mike Williams.

Maybe not that big, but I don't think Stafford will be a good pro.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

stafford wasn't all that great in college. i've never understood all the hype around him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar