With the 193rd pick of the 2016 Draft: Arkansas G Sebastian Tretola

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think there's a very good chance none of our day 3 draftees make the team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Certainly possible with the #1 waiver spot.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Yeah, not sure where all this "starting at LG" is coming from. He does a couple things really well and sucks at everything else. A " Phone booth " blocker who can maul guys run blocking.

From what I am seeing he looks like a poor man's Chance Warmack.

He has potential sure, but he also has major maturity issues. If he takes things seriously then he could probably develop into a decent starter.

And if he is starting g opening day then take it as a sign we are in for another very long year with the OL.

#53 The Hammer, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 2
  4. The Hammer

I'd like to think one of the CBs at least will make it. And still would have like to have seen another DL taken days three.

I could though see the LB make it based on special teams.

#54 The Hammer, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  5. The Hammer

FWIW & IMO I think we did pretty good.

First round they filled by far the biggest gaping hole on the team with the top prospect (RT) at his position. Some people (like Alex and 520) are bitter about trading up which I can understand. However, he was the top RT and we had the luxury of extra picks.

It is hard not to like the the player. He is far from a finished product but has amazing work ethic and attitude, important for a lineman. A self made guy who was a walkon and grew to become and elite OT at a top program.

Second round is interesting with three picks - two risky picks with a safe one in the middle.

Kevin Dodd is a DE (OLB) who seems to have slipped. He did not play much last year but in all fairness Clemson has had some outstanding DEs. Most say he doesnot fit at OLB but people said the same about Derrick Morgan and he has been better at OLB.

Second round pick two, Austin Johnson, is my personal favorite. I really liked him before the draft and after listening to what @xhrr said, who watched Johnson in college, I am really excited. He is like a better version of current starting LDE DaQuan Jones. A huge guy that is an excellent run stopper. Unlike the Bama DTs he does not appear to wear down fast. And unlike most NTs he is not a waste when fishing g the passer. Another hard worker.

RB Derrick Henry was probably taken because he was seen as a great value. You probably know a lot about him already. One thing that surprised me a little is how good his acceleration is --it is outstanding. This is not just some big bruiser. A risk because of his unorthodox style but I think worth while.

The third rounder looks like a sleeper pick. A guy who can play either S position. Has great ba skills but needs to work on man coverage. Could be starting next year but probably two years away.

Day three is what it is. If we get even one decent player then we have done okay. A couple CBs were taken, at leat one probably won't make the team. The WR is interesting and I think he could mesh well with Mariota in time. He led the country in receiving with one of the worst teams in the country. He is skinny as hell though and needs to learn NFL routes.

I kind like the LB from UCLA. Ankther one year starter who backed up excellent players. I think he could be good on special teams right away and develop into a solid backup for both OLB and ILB. Is a second gen NFL player.

Then there is the OG being talked about in this thread.

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I thought Chance Warmack was a poor man's Chance Warmack.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

You draft an Arkansas lineman, you get a big nasty muhfukka!

http://m.titansonline.com/news/arti...L’s-Game/61713959-da9b-4ad4-91cd-2deb15e8c803

He has been quite aggressive during practice, and Mularkey and crew are trying to get him to chill a little bit and use his hands more. Mike noted that him being overly aggressive is a good problem though. He would rather Tretola dial it back instead of having him dial it up. Sebastian acknowledges he has some work to do, and is willing to put in the effort to get better. Do work, son!

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

^ this is what a guy looks like that doesnt know wtf hes talking about

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'm hesitant to believe this after this similar enthusiasm was displayed when we signed the former Arkansas QB Wilson.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Just found this gem:

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar