With the #10 Pick of the 2013 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select... Lane Johnson, OT/Oklahoma

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JiminyBillyBob, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

What do you guys think? Would this be a possibility? IMHO this pick would make more sense than Warmack or Cooper.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How does drafting an OT make more sense than drafting a OG when our OTs are set and one of our OGs isn't.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JiminyBillyBob

You play Johnson at RT and move Stewart to RG. That gives you also more flexibility in case of injuries. When Stewart was injured last season our O-Line sucked completely.
    Plus, I think Stewart would adapt really well to playing guard.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why not just leave him at Tackle (his natural position) and draft a guard who plays guard?

5. JiminyBillyBob

Because you can let Johnson play RT for a few years and eventually put him at LT. I am not saying this is ideal, but a Tackle is more value at #10 than a Guard.

6. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Makes sense in theory but I don't think we got that route. Wouldn't be suprises if we took a tackle at some point in the draft. Just not in the first 3

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I brought this up earlier and I think it's a distinct possibility. Most laughed at me though, but think about it; Roos and Stewart are getting up there and both of their contracts are up at the end of the 2014 season I believe. More than likely one will not be resigned. Lane Johnson is the real deal, even with limited experience, the guy dominates on tape especially against speed rushers.

I could make the argument that based on the fact that the NFL is clearly a passing league now, Lane Johnson could be the top tackle in the draft.

All that said, I don't think he makes it to us now, not with all of the free agent QB signings as of late. It would have been nice to have the option to take him or trade down to a team who desperately needs a tackle, like the Chargers, Dolphins, or Saints.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

Talented player from Oklahoma with limited experience. Huh, sounds exactly like Andre Woolfork.

I don't think "potential" is what this front office is looking for.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

In theory it's easy to switch offensive line positions, in reality it isn't.

If Fisher or Joeckel fell, I would pull the trigger. Fisher/Joeckel could provide many years at starting tackle, as Stewart/Roos have maybe 2-3 years left each.

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Have you seen any tape on him? Maybe the best pass blocker I've ever seen on tape. Not saying the dude is a mauler in the run blocking game, but he does get nasty. I'm telling you in today's NFL this guy is the prototypical LT.

If he is only 'potential', why does every expert see him as as top 7-10 pick? I'd be much more comfortable drafting Johnson, over Ziggy A. based on potential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar