With Quiet Demeanor Will Mariota Be Good Leader For Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You've got to give Mariota at least 2 years before you start hating.

He will certainly struggle at times... even if he becomes a good player.

I officially gave up on Locker when he hurt himself on a handoff against the Jags. I had gone back and forth before that because he kept showing flashes at times, and I wanted to like him. But that was truly the moment when you just knew without a shadow of a doubt that he would not be with this team when his contract ran out.

The good news is that Mariota is far and away a better prospect than Locker coming out of college. I truly think he can be a very good QB if we implement the correct system and call the right plays. But Whiz scares the crap out of me. He better be an innovator, but that's probably asking way too much.

2. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I'm mostly talking about injuries. The constant ONE MORE YEAR talks always scare me as a result of Social Security (Jake)

Would I love to see ROY? Of course.

But intuition tells me that's not going to happen. What's the basement I'd accept before drawing straws??..... Probably .500 - 7-9 at the very least. At least then I'd know something is starting to develop.

3. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

Hi guys, newby fan out of Oregon here. (I was a fan from way back in the Oilers days too, and was glad to see them move to my second favorite state)
    A couple of things y'all should know about Marcus.
    He may be quiet, but he's a worker, a competitor, an athlete, and a football player, first.
    What he is not is a prima-donna quarterback that struts about like a banty rooster.
    Ask Manziel, they were in camp(s) together when they were both committed to The Ducks. They were both playmakers, but Marcus was quiet about it, while Manziel was busy becoming "Johnny Football."
    Johnny left, decommitted from Oregon and became an Aggie, partly because of the respect their fellow campers developed for Marcus in such a short time, that Johnny didn't get.
    Secondly, check Marcus' stats while at Oregon. He has two tackles, both of which came on fumble recoveries/returns. Last year's came when Royce Freeman fumbled and the defender picked it up and took off.
    Marcus ran him down and made the hit.
    That's just one of the ways he has shown his team that he is there for the team win first and foremost.
    Oh he's quiet all right, but I predict his hard work, his smarts, athleticism and competitive fire will win over his teammates.
    But rah-rahs won't be part of his leadership.

The only time you might see him talkin on the field is when he gets up, pats his tackler on the helmet and says "nice hit." It always messes with their heads and pizzes them off.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

wait,,,he made some tackles.

ok im sold. i never seen a qb do that before...wow. cough cough vy cough

• Boring Boring x 1
  5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

McNair was a warrior, you kidding, players had no choice but to respect him.

Shame he was before his time. The modern game would have done him well. His style of play is just much more guarded in today's game and injuries wouldn't have derailed him so quickly.

Regardless, the best memories we have of this team were from his era. Not much more I can say.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. 520

as much as i smack talk about mariota i really do want him to blow the doors off the nfl. man i dont want another ****** few years...cant take it...

his personality is the one thing i can connect with him with, he is much like myself. well how i used to be in sports, in life im a cocky ass mofo...but on the field i was quieter led by example and did my thing. godspeed mariota.

also will people stop calling him mario....i mean seriously ITS ONE ****ING SYLLABLE LAZY #$&#&$& 2 DANG LETTERS

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Can we just call him Marky?

[​IMG]

8. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

9. 520

Marky works. Cuz he's a straight up MARK. JK but its way better than Mario.

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

There are many reserved qbs. Eli Manning. Rodgers.

Hell, from what I've heard, McNair was pretty quiet.

Bottom line... If MM is a warrior, if he lays it on the line to get the job done, then men will follow.

If he doesn't, they won't.

That simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar