With pick #2 of the 2015 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 30, 2015.

?

Happy with the Titans drafting Mariota?

Poll closed May 7, 2015.
  1. Yes.

57.9%
  2. No.

17.2%
  3. Undecided but hoping for the best.

24.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Maybe I misunderstood. The reports came from Mett, RW, Whiz. The way it was worded, I took it as it was Morts word vs my liking of Mett.

That was annoying lol. As a rule, I generally never reply to anything when I'm upset. It never goes well.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

brees didn't come from a zone read spread attack like Oregon and Baylor run. He went to Purdue. As for Rodgers, I don't know what Cal ran when he was there.

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

We have both Mett and Mariota, so everyone relax and realize we are in a great situation. Sure, we have had some really bad times with QB's and football play in general, byt mow is a time to be pumped. If Mariota fails, Mett will get his shot....Mariota is not Manziel though, so don't expect that too soon.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

@Ten_Titans

Looks like I believe Mort was not a liar now (this time), and you were right. Mettenberger switched his agents so he was pissed about something. Must have been the call.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mett lucked out switching agents if you ask me, dont think he initiated it

6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I wanted Mett to get this upcoming year to prove himself. Fix the OL, the D, and get him some weapons and I felt he could have done good things his second year in. I'm on record in a bunch of threads.

I wanted LW at #2, the thought of him, Casey, Orakpo plus the rest of the supporting front 7 made me think it could be the start of something great. I'm also a firm believer in D wins championships.

That said, I understand why they went with MM at #2. Nobody cared about this franchise, jobs on the line, etc. A QB can fix all that more than 1 front 7 guy. I like getting DGB, it's a high risk high reward situation. If he can get his head out of his @$$, he's got top 10+ talent. Then you get OL, maybe not the one many would have, but regardless that was their goal. I also would have wasted a 7th on Collins, worth the risk IMO to fix RT, LG and cut Levitre. Or let him play after healing from injuries. I was fine with the rest of the draft, which brings me to my point:

I'm a Titans and Flyers (NHL) fan. I know all about not having a player at the most important position. Up till recently, the Flyers haven't had a good goalie in more than 2 decades, some would argue longer. In a non salary cap league, they couldn't figure out to pay a goalie, yet they'd pay everyone else. Then the cap came in, they had a retarded GM and he handed contracts and no trade clauses like candy. Now they finally find the goalie and the defense is in utter shambles and they have guys with huge contracts that are garbage. So over the past 3 years they just keep drafting potential studs on defense, because the hit rate is low and the more guys in your pipeline the better.

Sorry for the huge post, but this is where it comes full circle. D in hockey typically develops older, and less frequently. So the more you have, the better. Well I see our QB situation similar, the more options you give yourself to succeed, the higher the odds of success. Duh, I know right.

So to my original point, I know why they did it, even if the #2 wasn't LW like I wanted. You need a QB in the NFL. Drafting MM #2, with Mett on the roster increases their chances of finding a QB to get them some wins. At this point, that's all management wants because they're trying to save their jobs. Even if MM doesn't do well, Mett can walk in with some new weapons and a better OL. Management is stacking the deck to keep their jobs, plain and simple. I'm keeping an open mind on MM, but I really wanted to see what Mett could do with an actual supporting roster. Honestly, I hope LW flops, it'll make me feel better lol.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.

7. Jevoncurse

Jevoncurse Starter

This thread has a chance to pass the vy thread....in his first year

8. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

so which QB are [we] taking at 25.

#818 ICBW, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Haha! So, a couple of things. First, Mary has turned out better than I expected, still not sold on him as an elite QB though. Second, it’s fun going back and reading all of the bad reactions/predictions, especially when you weren’t around at the time.

10. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

all fun & games, i just like going back to see what players had support from the jump, and what players earned their respect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar