With Pac's Appearance At The Tropicana

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Don, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

KR/PR is a very important part of the game. Especially when you have a gamebreaker like Pac, or Ginn.

I just figured it elevates Ginn over Jarrett, and possibly over some other positions, for the return ability.

If Pacman is gone... Clement should be very happy, cause he's gonna get paid :greedy:

And/Or I could still see Titans drafting a CB maybe 2nd round- Daymeion Hughes or Aaron Ross.

We could always bring in lesser known FA CBs to compete.

And sign a great FS. :yes:

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It is a good point. Pac was an major weapon for us, and replacing the kr yards would become a primary need in my opinion, if only because it was such a big part of our season. Our ability to get the hidden yardage is what makes our team so effective.

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I think Wade could do well enough in the return game, if we could replace Pac's production as a CB and get Vince a reciever to throw to the return game would matter much less.

Then again everyone is talking like Pac's already gone, need I remind you he hasn't even been charged with anything, much less convicted.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Ugh...

You guys are missing the forest for the tree.

How many players who are ONLY awesome returners are drafted in rnd 1? ZERO.

How many players that are ONLY awesome CB's are drafted in rnd 1? A LOT!

A Pro Bowl KR/PR is nowhere close to the value of a Pro Bowl CB (without return skills).

If we lose Pacman for some reason, they'll have to sign Clements AND/OR draft a CB no later than rnd 2.

We can (and have) survived for quite a while without a dangerous punt returner...even went to the Super Bowl without one. We won't get anywhere with an excellent return game but no defense.

Ginn has NOTHING to do with Pacman. Losing Pacman would put a HUGE hole in our secondary. The return game is a 'secondary' concern by far.

Gut

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

:truedat:
    That's actually exactly what I was trying to get across, but you did it much better

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Gut is the King of articulation.

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

So I've noticed :notworth:

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Remember January 19, 2002. Tennessee at Oakland. John Simon fumbles right before halftime on the kickoff return. Tennessee really never recovered.

It's not like I said if Pac is gone, let's just get Ginn and not worry about the CB position.

But I think it would increase Ginn's value... yes KR/PR should be taken into consideration for a draft pick. Wasn't it taken into account when the Titans drafted Pacman??

And the Titans obviously need a receiver. It's not like the Titans draft Ginn to say hey, have fun KR and PR; that's all you are going to do.

I think it would increase his stock IF Pacman ends up gone. The Titans can still draft a CB second round and/or bring in a CB in free agency.

They may not go the Ginn route, and decide you must draft a CB in the first round. But I think the Titans would at least consider Ginn more, for the WR need and KR/PR threat.

9. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

agreed.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The Titans will take value at the position not because he can be a decent WR but a good KR/PR.

You take a player in the first for their prime position, special teams is an added bonus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar