With NFLPA Hearing Next Week, All is Quiet Between Titans and McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

We're on the same page I think and I'm personally rooting for #1 to occur, but what I said originally is that if we (front office) don't have any sincere intentions of him playing here in 06 we'll make a move pretty quickly. I'm leaving the option open that bridges have been burned that can't be rebuilt and we're just jerkin' the Ravens around right now. I hope that's not the case and I think that Fisher is probably McNair's strongest ally in Nashville right now. When Fisher says, we're going to do everything we can to work it out, I believe him. When Reese says it, I think... meh.... maybe.:ha:

2. Broken Record

I didn't keep up with the Arrington situation. What went down there?

3. Broken Record

Sorry for the multiple posts, but what did Reese actually say regarding this? I can't remember reading anything about us keeping McNair at his current number outside of fan opinions. If he said something to that effect to the media I'd be thrilled that he's publicly stated it's an option the front office is considering.

4. Arrington got Washington to release him early by forfeiting a $4.4M bonus that they had to pay him later on. It was moronic and he lost a ton of money thinking that he was going to get some huge payday as a free agent.

As for Steve, that scenario isn't an option for him. There's nothing for him to forfeit that would convince the Titans to cut him. They already save the maximum cap run whenever they cut or trade him.

5. Broken Record

Wonder what Arrington scored on his Wonderlic?:ha:

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

McMVP is due a 1m roster bonus in september?

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Reese said before the free agency period that the team was willing to just ride out the $10 mil for '06. Maybe Reese was blowing smoke because he then went out and signed the FAs.

I have a hard time seeing that but I would think it would keep some options open.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I don't think Arrington was so stupid. Maybe it wasn't about the money. If you'll think back, there was some problems between Arrington and the coaching staff. They actually benched him at one point. Washington was ready for him to go and Arrington was ready to go somewhere he was wanted.

9. Yes, basically...

10. They had to release him anyway, it just would have waited until after June 1.

It was definitely stupid...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar