With Henry gone....?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ive got gotitans.com set as my homepage

2. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

As already stated, Thomas Jones would be nice. Rhodes too!

Just don't sit tight! Not now, not EVER!

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Let me get this right. The Pats franchise their top CB, sign one of the best defensive players in FA who is going to improve their front 7 dramatically, sign a WR to bolster one of the weaker positions on their team and we do nothing while we lose our best WR, RB, possibly our #3 WR and more than likely we will be also losing our best CB. The Pats, a team that we have to beat to get to the big dance has improved and we, with a ton of CAP space and already not as good as the Pats have regressed.

Now with all that we are just going to go out and upgrade through the draft?
    Oh, by the way New England has two picks in the 1st round.

Of course we won't be in CAP hell like we were under Floyd.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

AMEN!

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

We haven't missed anything yet. Our DE is still out there, same goes with our RB, WR. We passed on a CB, that got an unrealistic huge contract and the rest is looking a bit thin right now. But come on, the 07 season is only 3 days old and all that has happened is teams throwing money away.

6. Let me ask this... do you think that simply adding Adalius Thomas (or Nate Clements, for the sake of argument) and Wes Welker make the Titans a Super Bowl contender?

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The difference is the Patriots are a team that can utilize Thomas the way he should be, but as long as Schwartz is here we're not.
    They franchised their best corner because he was worth it. Which of our players were worthy of a franchise tag??
    They signed Welker for his ST skills and a secondary receiver, imo, much like we did with Wade.

Also remember that the Patriots lose good players regularly, they just have a knack for finding quality replacements. I mean seriously, aside from Thomas, when was the last time NE spent a lot of money in FA? I'm thinking Harrison and Colvin in 2003, but I don't even know if they gave up a whole lot for them.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Thomas and Welker make the Pats contenders, not us

9. exactly...

10. TM

TM Starter

The Patriots as a team are in a different situation than the Titans. They were close to a super bowl and killed us when the chips were down. Its smart for them to sign impact players now because they could put them over the top.

One or two players won't do that for the Titans. We'll build the bottom of the roster through free agency and attempt to get our impact players from the draft. We'll conserve our cap space and extend our impact players. Then when we get to the Pats stage of development, we'll go on a shopping spree just like they did and try and find some players to put us over the top.

That's the new philosophy. Posters wanted a change from Reese. They've got it. Like it or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar