With everyone on Fisher, Young, WHAT about CJ!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Yeah so just for in general:

almost all of these teams are unlikely to be doing new contracts for guys until a new CBA is reached (or simply, till they know the new system these contracts will be working under....and that they won't be massively paying anyone for a year that's not even played)

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I usually don't agree with someone renegotiating his current contract, but in this case I make an exception.

CJ gained 2,000 yards last season, and scratched and clawed to get what he got from a money standpoint, which in the realm of things was not fantastic. He deserves more money IMO. Running backs do not have long careers in this league, and, given the amount of carries and hits he took this year, I absolutely understand him taking a hard line here (he probably shortened his career by more than a year with this past season behind our putrid offensive line).

That being said, I would not have a problem seeing him traded for some good picks either. As long as we are cleaning house.......

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Im laughing at his "History Deal" quote. I'd pay him to make him the highest paid RB. He makes any QB better because he makes defenses stack the box.

4. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

Never resign an NFL running back. There is always another 22 year old running back coming out of college who hasn't taken 3-5 years of hits from NFL linebackers. Their careers are too short to resign them.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

CJ is under contract for the 2011 and 2012 season.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

For the love of &*^%!

One poster says his contract is up. Another says he has one more year so he "thinks" and another is "pretty sure".

Don't guess look it up, the internet?

Rotoworld has contract info on nfl players. To do a quick search on a player's contract status simply google or yahoo the ((((players name, contract, roto)))). It will go right to the link to that player no need to search the name on that site.

Chris johnson contract roto will tell you that he is signed through 2012. It gives the details of what his salary is every year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'd trade him for the rights to Mark Ingram and a 2nd rounder.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Players who hold out typically dont do well. Example: D revis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar