With a guy like Chris Johnson...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Hummell, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummell

Hummell Camp Fodder

.......with respect to the guys in coverage,you have to pay attention to where he is at all times. The safeties have to come up, the linebackers can't be dropping back every time....all of a sudden, your receivers start looking like pro bowlers, your coaches like geniuses, and the media idiots.

Small? Please. This guy is built like a bricks@#$house.

4.24 in the 40-yard dash…375-pound bench press…425-pound squat…330-pound power clean…43.5-inch vertical jump…30 ¼-inch arm length…7 ¼-inch hands.

This is going to be quite an exciting ride for the Titans out in the Music City.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that's if he can translate his track speed into football speed against higher competition.

3. Audioman

Audioman Camp Fodder

However he is a not a track guy trying to play football, he is a football player with track speed.
    Also don't underestimate the brand of football they play at ECU.

4. Hummell

Hummell Camp Fodder

He's a football player. Why would you think otherwise? It's not like the guy has never touched a football field before. Good grief.:rolleyes:

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I certainly hope you're right. Welcome to the board, by the way. You're obviously a Chris Johnson fan. You'll find that most people here like Chris Johnson, just currently upset about the opportunity to pick up the first WR of the draft blown, when it looks to be our biggest need. I do think CJ is a playmaker, and in the end will be able to help our offense just as much as any receiver on the board.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

lets hope he doesnt get nailed a lot at full speed, sometimes getting hit makes or breaks a player. some can take it but some players let up and dont play to their fullest in fear of getting nailed again.

7. Hummell

Hummell Camp Fodder

Thanks for the welcome, Psychop1. I understand that their was a need for a wide receiver, however, there just wasn't one out there good enough to pass up on a guy like CJ. I believe that everyone will see the Titans receiver play step up considerably when Chris is on the grass. Past secondary's could just man up your receivers because they had no real fear in the backfield, the guy back there just isn't a real threat to rip of 60 yards on every touch. All that is about to change with the first swing route to CJ out of the backfield. The Titans are a playoff team.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i've seen fast guys dominate in the lower levels of college football only to get killed in the nfl.

he outran every one to the corner in the C-USA and i don't see it happening in the pros.

9. Hummell

Hummell Camp Fodder

Well, my man, come back and talk to me after the 1st game after you've added up his total yard count.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

With Vince Young, Chris Johnson, and Chris Henry...we could potentially be the most explosive offense in the league. All of the above are faster than most on the field, and they all have HUGE potential. I'm looking forward to this next season!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar