Wish We'd Kept Fowler...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

His trade value would be pretty good right now, with Chicago, New England, and Buffalo all losing MLBs this week. We'll see how severe those last two are.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The player the Titans kept on the roster over Fowler is probably worth more than the Titans would have got back in a trade. I don't think teams would be all that excited about trading for a guy as crappy as Fowler, especially not with some decent free agent linebackers on the market.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Forget that, Fowler is worthless I'd say. He wasn't worth a roster spot, I'm glad the Titans finally realized that. He played second fiddle to Tully, who isn't that great to begin with. I like Tulloch, but he'll get replaced too at some point. Yea some teams are hurting without their premier Middle Linebacker's but they'd be hurting a lot more with Fowler starting. So with that being said, he wouldn't hold much if any value on the trade block.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Fowler is the biggest phantom good player I have ever seen. He's never done anything to warrant a roster spot, much-less be coveted in a trade.

The Jets are pretty set at LB and would probably be willing to move him....but no-one wants him.

5. GoTitans3801

Wow, pretty harsh feelings about Fowler... I'm glad Tulloch got our starting job over him, but considering that he's been endorsed by Parcells and Rex Ryan, he's not terrible. I think he's at the bottom end of the starters, but decent enough to be considered an NFL starter.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fowler cost too much to be a backup.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. latiger12

latiger12 Camp Fodder

I agree. If he would have had any value, they would have saved a spot for him. No team will want to trade for him, since they will have players more talented within their backups.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no one would have traded for him thanks to his contract.

9. GoTitans3801

I understand and agree with why we cut him. It's a 20/20 hindsight thing. The only way that he's worth his contract is if he goes in to start for one of those teams that has lost their MLB for the year, or most of it. This is the rare roll of the dice where we could have gotten some value for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar