Winter 08 Mailday thread

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by titanbuoy, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bosoxgeneral

bosoxgeneral Camp Fodder

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

07 SPA Patch #393/725

[​IMG]
  3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Wow... that seemed to get there fast. So now that it's in your mitts what do you think of this year's horizontal design for the auto/patch RC's? From the scans they look nice, I'm dying to get my hands on one but just haven't found the right card at the right price.

I did notice that a properly listed PW SPA with a one colour dark blue patch sold for less than $5 yesterday or the day before. I saw it sitting at $4 something about an hour prior to auction's end and just figured it would get bid up to at least $10+, but it didn't get another bid. Weird. Imagine the poor seller who paid $150 for a box of SPA and scores a RC patch/auto only to have it sell for less than $5. Ouchy.
  4. Childress79

As you know I fell in love with the previous 'vertical design but this is even better.

The patch is no bigger but it looks classier on the card being higher up & framed in silver. The graph also looks sweeter now that it's centre stage in the card.

As you've mentioned before it's a shame that our picks favour initials rather than a full signature.

The only loss is the photo of the player,maybe that's why there seems to be a lot more sweeter looking patches. Some of the cards I liked last year such as the Bowman Sterling's have been fugly in 07 but these SPA's are actually an improvement.

Got my eye on another PW & a 4 colour Henry.

The 'Gold' PW SPA with the sick patch didn't sell & he's relisted it.'Monsta has already made an offer.:grrhee:
  5. bosoxgeneral

bosoxgeneral Camp Fodder

stay tuned for scans of atleast 10 cards....
  6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Hey Chil,

That doucebag has his EC/VY 06 Sterling auto up again. And again he's listed it as being numbered 10/20. Hard to claim the incorrect listing was an accident the second time around isn't it? I already emailed him about the "error' (I lied and told him I recently sold a BGS 10/10 version with the same numbering).

linkage

edit: he corrected it. now the listing reads numbered 01/20
  7. bosoxgeneral

bosoxgeneral Camp Fodder

8. bosoxgeneral

bosoxgeneral Camp Fodder

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Are the bubbles raised on the bottom of that SP patch Williams auto? I always liked when ovation did that for their first couple of runs. It doesn't look like they are based on the autograph, but it would be cool if they were. Either way, it is still a hot card.
  10. Childress79

No.

I think it's supposed to look like the texture of a football. It looks the part but like you noticed, without the graph suffering from being on an an uneven surface.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.