Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Gear' started by NYTitansFan, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sk has a new best friend.

looks like I have been dropped. :brow:

2. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Thanks.

Not new in a sense that I was a tomb member for 4 years but new to this place but still see some older faces.:)

3. maximus

maximus Starter

What is the name of the 3d freeware program?

4. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

I can't remember sorry..I had it 2-3 years ago..thing is the novelty got old quick and you never use it again so I dumped it.

Now Linux has a much BETTER version and it looks awesome..not very useful but sweet to look at.
    http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/3043

5. Sorry Gunny, I decided to stop outsourcing for friends... :ha:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ohh I was looking to being penpals.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Umm, no.

See, this is what irks me. People look at Vista and immediately think it's just XP with a visual upgrade, but in reality it's a brand new OS written from scratch (unlike previous Windows that all trace back to 95 and NT).
    Now unless they're complete imbeciles at the MS labs, that should mean a much cleaner and leaner code, and thus much better execution of the OS and 3rd party software.

Now whether you like the new "gadgets" is another matter (and I don't like "gadgets" at all, which is why I hate Mac OS, because without it's "gadgets" it's nothing special), but the core operating system should perform significantly better than XP.

8. True, it isn't exactly XP with a new UI. And it is the best OS to come out of Redmond. But frankly, it isn't any huge leap forward. Most of it is just like XP. They have some new security features, though some have said they are overly intrusive. They have a few features they cribbed from Apple. And it has been better optimized for multi-core processors.

But really, to most users, it's not much different than XP. It's nowhere near the jump forward to Win95, Win98, or XP. The biggest selling point was supposed to be the new WinFS file system and they couldn't even make that happen. There is really no reason to bother upgrading for most people unless you need a new computer.

9. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

oh it is tho im running it with a 32 bit processor and i havnt seen a blue screen of death, haven't crashed, it hasn't freezed up, and i can multi task like never before(xp):))

nVidia GeForce FX 5200
    1 gig of memory
    Amd Athlon XP 2500+
    and a biostar m7ncd mobo

as you can see not too impressive but vista makes this old computer feel like a champ

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

What huge leap do you need in an OS? None as far as I'm concerned. 75% of the stuff you find in XP, Visat and Mac OS shouldn't even be integrated parts of the OS, but rather 3rd party software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar