Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Gear' started by NYTitansFan, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Umm, it's the program that enables your computer to talk to your 3rd party software, such as a printer, scanner, joystick, etc. Don't kid yourself, just because you might not see them in Mac, they are there.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

There was 1 virus (BLaster) that could do that to Windows, but that was back before Service Pack 1 or 2, which is what 3 or 4 years ago?

Plug and play have nothing to do with applications. It's about hardware compliance. I've never had problems installing a program on Windows either, and only if I need to use a hardwares specific features do I need to go look for a driver.

And this has what to do with the OS? Nobody is arguing that Mac isn't visually better, both in physical design, layouts and probably graphical performance as well.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And Mac-lovers again make fools of themselves. Of course piracy hurts Windows sales, it also hurts music, movie and videogame sales. However nobody can really prove to what extent, but if you're in either of those industries, you obviously want to limit piracy as much as possible.

4. MSBlast isn't the only worm that has spread via just an internet connection. It is just the most famous of them. Sasser and Zotob followed, though they weren't as destructive. And before Blaster was Code Red. And there are many others that aren't nearly so widespread that could still have the same impact.

But since XP SP2, none of them have been a threat against updated computers.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Sure it does. But this guy was also thinking that everyone would actually want Vista, and so far, out of all the PC users I know, nobody does. Most of them are just waiting for the pioneers to finish taking all the arrows. To that extent, his opinion is insulting to his clientele.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well I can't speak for your friends, but I know a lot of people here woud like Vista, but they don't like the price tag.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

Some think Vista looks good, that doesn't mean they want it.

8. I've got to get it, personally, but I wouldn't bother with it otherwise...

I just have to decide if I should just go get a Dell or build it myself...

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I'd like to be able to run Vista but it won't run any of my business applications yet, which makes it about as valuable to me as an Apple.

10. Except that you could then run XP on your Mac...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar